my slide show

pleasureinstitching's My Stitching album on Photobucket

I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Tuesday, 20 June 2017

Calling All Birds


Suddenly our summer arrived, pulling the hot air from the continental part of Europe. It is HOT, 31C today in my part of the world (yes, I know, it is probably much hotter where you are, but for us - it's just hot). 
It is too hot to sew, my fingers just don't want to hold a needle of any kind.  
I am spending my days looking for a shade; good time to catch up with some reading.
But last week, before the thermometer went wild, it was just right, 
a proper "in the garden stitching weather", 
and I finished the binding on my quilt.

It has been ready to blog about for a week now, but I felt my quilt is rather insignificant; I felt and feel a great sadness about so many lives lost - in Manchester bombing, Grenfell Tower fire in London, forest fires in Portugal............


So here it is, "Calling All Birds", designed by Linda Guy, published in Quiltmania's "Simply Moderne"" magazine.
I really enjoyed making this one; easy and not too large to be get tired of.
I love the bright fabrics, and of course, I love applique.
I hand quilted it, using Finca cotton thread no16.


I loved stitching the birds and I was tempted to put some more on, 
but in the end I decided that Linda got it just right.



It is hot sitting here in front of the computer, so I am going back outside to the shade of the tree.


©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2017

13 comments:

Lin said...

It really is a lovely bright summery cheerful finish - I love it. 35 here today, I think the whole of Europe is getting the heatwave. xx

Oops-Lah said...

I love how your bird quilt turned out. And in record time too. Yes, it's hot here too and very dry. So a bit of rain wouldn't go amiss. Tomorrow a thunderstorm is forecast, so maybe we'll be lucky.

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Radka, je to úplne super!

margaret said...

what a lovely quilt have enjoyed watching this come to life. It will cool down now as Glastonbury is about to start and no doubt heavy thunderstorms too!

Michelle Ridgway said...

A really beautiful finish. Enjoy your reading in the shade.

méri said...

Here is the hell - unbelieve (-

Ulla said...

The quilt is lovely and cheerful, almost waiting to hear the birds chirp! Your hand quilting is beautiful.

Saija said...

I love everything about this! So beautiful!

Pamela said...

Gorgeous finish! Nicely done!

Sew Quilt Designs said...

You've done a great job! So pleased you enjoyed making it. Its been an awful time for people in England. we are fortunate we sew and create to take our minds away to another place :)

Helen said...

Beautiful finish !

Bizarre Quilter said...

ooh. this is gorgeous. i just love your fabric choices. you have definitely made it wonderful! xo

Dianne said...

The quilt has turned out beautifully Radka. Your hand quilting is lovely. I just love the look of hand quilting and enjoyi doing it also. Happy summer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017