I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 22 October 2017

Craft4Crafters and quince weekend


This is the second year the Bath & West Showground is hosting October craft show, The Craft4Crafters.
As it is only some couple of miles from me, of course I had to go.
Most of it was the usual stuff, something for everyone, little top heavy with papercraft again, but that is just my opinion.

There was something new this year - a new quilt hall; 
not very large, probably as this is the first year.
Several fabric stalls and some nice quilts on show.
I tried to take some pictures of quilts to share with you, but managed to take only a couple,
 before being told "not to take pictures". This was the first time this has happened to me at a quilt show, but probably a sign of times 😕

So these are the only two,

this one was Yoko Saito's BOM, which I also made, 
so I was interested how someone else made theirs.
There are many of these around the world by now, and they are all so different.



And this is the second one (my weakness for houses 😉).


The main exhibit was The Magna Carta Quilts. By then it got somewhat confusing what can be photographed and what can't, as some people were taking pictures on their mobiles, but not wanting to push my luck, this is just some info from the brochure.




I made some very small purchases (not like me at all, LOL).


The threads are really lovely, the lady I bought them from, brings them in from Spain.

In the meantime most of our garden refuses to admit that the seasons do change,


but the quinces were ready to harvest.


Some of them are really huge, over a half kg each!
To make a jam, I had to use a couple of pans this time,


and ended up with 9 jars!


And there are still some left over


 and few more on the tree. 
I will use those for cooking and will try to freeze some.




©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2017

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful quinces!
    We'll make our quince jam and marmalade around the middle of November, meanwhile the quinces are cut and frozen, waiting for us:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say the same like méri. Beautiful quinces!
    Your pictures are very beautiful too. :)
    I understand your weekness for houses.
    The best wishes!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Radka for sharing about the craft show, especially the house quilts & the Magna Carta quilts all so very interesting.

    Quince jelly is a favourite of mine, I don't have such a wonderful tree, so tend to buy it made up, from those who sell at local craft markets.

    I do love the colours you chose for your small purchase. :)

    Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the scent of quince in the fruit bowl. Did you plant the tree yourself and if so how long did it take to come into fruit? I have bought all the threads to do my hare wall hanging but not starting until the Embroiderers Guild has had its first workshop for the frieze. We will be screen printing some fabric backgrounds so my original hare might be a practice piece.
    There was no ban on photos at the Malvern show yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried making quince jelly to serve with pork? Brilliant that you have the show so close to home. I agree, it can be confusing about photography. If it's an individuals exhibition like at the K&S then I find that if you ask the exhibitor they usually say yes. I have asked here in France at quilt shows if it is OK to take pictures and am looked at in amazement but I think it is pretty standard for no photographs in UK. The two quilts that you managed to photograph are beautiful. We have had no frost yet so everything here is still soldiering on. I want to replace my window box fuschias with pansies but the thought of pulling them up while still flowering is very difficult even though I know they will not survive a frost especially being on the north side of the house. Enjoy your new threads - they do look gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! to the size of your quinces. I can see the fabric you have bought is gauzy. I have had some for a few years and have not yet found a way to use it, so I wonder what you have in mind for it? The threads look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like a quilt show to inspire. Love the shots you did take. Your garden is lovely and your jam looks very yum. Enjoy your new threads x

    ReplyDelete
  8. what pity you could't photo more quilts, but I do love both of houses. greeting from a cold Stockholm

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017