I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Monday, 9 October 2017

reverse applique with Dawn Cameron Dick



As I mentioned in my previous post, Catherine and I met for a cuppa on Friday afternoon; and the reason Catherine was down this way, was a Saturday class at  Midsomer Quilting (their new home in Chilcompton) with Dawn Cameron Dick


The class was a reverse applique, 
called " Three Mad Hares". 

Although it was called "Three Mad Hares", we were free to choose how many hares do we actually want too sew and how large.
We spent a very enjoyable and fun day with Dawn, she is lovely and a great teacher.

I chose to make two small hares.

prep work - tracing a pattern around freezer paper


When I got home on Saturday, I just had to finish the first hare,


and last night I finished the second one.



Lets just say here that this was the first time I have done reverse applique, as I was always little afraid of it, but Dawn made it look so easy.

Thank you Dawn! 


I plant to make my hares into a wall-hanging, 
with some more applique and embroidery on the borders.


©pleasureinstiching.blogspot.co.uk 2017

4 comments:

Pamela said...

I like this! Your two hares look great!

Helen said...

The hares look wonderful, enjoy your new journey.

Lin said...

Beautiful hares Radka. I do miss going to workshops. xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful work Radka. Well done x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017