Sunday, 25 February 2018
last Gardenhurst block
Today is cold, but clear and sunny Sunday;
last night I finished the last Gardenhurst block.
I left this one to the end for a couple of reasons; when preparing the background fabric, I cut this one too small
("measure twice, cut once" and all that 😒) and because I did not have enough fabric to cut another piece, I had to join a bit to it.
It isn't probably going to show in the grand scheme of things, but I know it is there .....
Secondly, from the picture you can see that this is where Irene Blanck signed her quilt, but I don't want to do that;
I prefer to sign my quilts on the back, so I had to slightly "redesign" this block.
So, this is it;
all the blocks will now have to be trimmed to size
(which I forgot about and was very free with the space I used, so it could be a slight problem when joining the blocks together; we'll see...), and I also need to think about the border.
The original pattern has a wavy border, which I don't want. This quilt will hang on the wall and it is easier to hang it with a straight border.
I am very pleased that most of the applique fabrics, and some background fabrics came from my stash.
As for the border, I just might have something in my stash also; I'll see if it works when the blocks are stitched together.........
Thank you for visiting my blog,
I wish you a busy stitching week!