This week we took a trip to our old haunts, to the woods on the Stourhead Estate. It seems a very long time since our last visit (everything seems a long time ago at the moment).
Definite signs of a changing season,
and we even managed to find some mushrooms for our lunch,
despite the fact they did try very hard to hide,
not a bad result in the end.
We came across a small camp someone has built,
In the middle of the forest is "The Convent", a gothic folly from around 1760, which occasionally comes up for lease - see
here.
What else have I been up to? The little forgotten Awakening quilt had a little outing; it is getting rather large, so not easy to take a picture. I made another long block for it.
With the coming of chilly nights I can feel a new blanket coming on.........
For those who don't know, Tobermory is a place on the isle of Mull on the west coast of Scotland. It brings back memories of watching TV with my grandchildren -
the children's TV program "Balamory" was filmed here.
Tobermory is known for its colourful houses, and these inspired Lucia's design.
Of course there was also another Tobermory - one of the
The Wombles of Wimbledon Common (little older TV program, that one I used to watch with my children...a long time ago....).
There is enough colourful wool or wool mixed yarn in my stash to start with (colours not exactly the same as the pattern, but near enough).
first three squares
I am all set for cold nights!
©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2020
What a wonderful place to take a walk. Beautiful work on both quilt and crochet x
ReplyDeleteHi Radka what lovely photos of your walk ,yummy I love mushrooms . Wow you are very clever your work is beautiful well done,stay safe and take care xx
ReplyDeleteWonderful collection of mushrooms - its been too dry here. Lovely to get back to Stourhead, always good to see pictures from there. Awakening is coming along nicely and your new crochet project looks gorgeous. The picture of the island reminds me of Burano in the Venetian laguna which has very similar coloured houses. Happy memories. xx
ReplyDelete