Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you can stay a while, so make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and browse through my blog pages. You can do this by either browsing up and down the pages as set out, or by subjects, listed under "my labels" in the left side bar.


Monday, 22 November 2021


For a quiet walk at Stourhead gardens today....



No such thing today - loads of people, despite most of autumn colour is gone now.


Also - teams setting up Christmas lights display  - on from next weekend.



                             
Lots of little boats in the water - I presume they will light up in the dark....
I know someone who has tickets, so I will find out....😉


So, back at home I finished another flower block for Quilter's Patch; I decided to carry on, but as this quilt is not designed for applique, I have to make my own templates from the main picture, hence this one is looking a bit wonky ( but in the grand scheme of things...) - must do better with the next one.


pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2021

9 comments:

  1. Sure will be a pretty sight when all the lights are lite up…..
    Your wonky flowers look good to me….

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those little lights will be a glorious sight. Soon there will be Christmas lights everywhere. This flower block is a pretty one, Radka. A little wonkyness is always a good thing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The appliqued blocks will complete your quilt in a way that makes it yours. The lights must look beautiful when it is dark outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely place Stourhead is - that beautiful tree is amazing. It seems such a good idea that some of the gardens are decorating outdoors for Christmas these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a nice bright day at Stourhead - the gardens are going to look magical with the lights on. Your flower block is looking great - you will soon have it finished! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Procházka v zahradách Stourhead musí být krásná za dne i v noci při svícení světýlek.
    Květinkový blok je moc pěkný. M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually thought I had sent in my comment to you for this post but it seems not. Blogger obviously messing with me again LOL! I do like those lovely lights in the trees much better than those commercial lighting arrangements up the streets in towns and cities. Don't get me wrong some of the Christmas decorations in the streets are lovely but I find there is rather too much glitter! These tree lights remind me of something more elvish and therefore magical! All those little boats in the water too how original. Really cannot see anything wonky about the flower block image at all! keep well. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing all the lights... Merry Christmas xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome and they brighten up my day :-)
Please be aware, that when you leave a comment, your IP address and other data (which may be name, e-mail, website etc) is stored by the website operator. You have the option to delete your comment at any time. If you use links, the forwarding of data is likely.


© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023