Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you can stay a while, so make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and browse through my blog pages. You can do this by either browsing up and down the pages as set out, or by subjects, listed under "my labels" in the left side bar.


Sunday, 19 December 2021

the last finish of 2021

I had a very late night last night, but it is done, 
largest applique quilt I have made so far :

                                            "Barn Dance "



It was designed by Robyn Falloon,
published in 100th issue of Quiltmania magazine in 2014.
Measuring 1,80 x 1.80 m, just the right size for my bed; 
needless to say that I am very pleased with it.


I had enough of one of the fabrics used in the quilt for the binding.
I usually sew the binding to the front of the quilt and turn and stitch to the back, but this time I did the opposite, turning it to the front and securing it with chunky stitch using pearl cotton No8.







I can concentrate on Christmas now 😅😅, 
lets hope it will be "normal" one this year,
keeping fingers crossed.


pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2021

15 comments:

  1. Radko, to je nádhera. Jsi skutečně šikovná. Deka se povedla na jedničku.
    Přeji Ti krásné svátky a do nového roku hodně zdraví a už normální žití bez covidu. Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, Radka!
    Happy holiday to you and your families!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for stopping by! I too wish you lovely Christmas and all the best for 2022, xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful!
    Wish a Happy Christmas and a better New Year 2022 with your Family.
    Health and Peace all over the world

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! This quilt is outstanding and it looks awesome laid on your bed. I envy you! It is a masterpiece! Well done! Keep well. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful finish! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous quilt, well done it's a real beauty...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful finish Radka and it looks lovely on your bed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful!!!Wish you a Happy Christmas. Just saw on SVT that you can have turkey on Christmas:-)).xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful finish and the quilt looks lovely on your bed...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Radka, Barn Dance is gorgeous♡ So, so much incredible applique to be seen. I love all your choices of fabrics. And....doesn't your pretty quilt look fabulous on the bed; such a happy room with the sunshine beaming in. May you have a beautiful Christmas celebration with your loved ones. Stay safe and take....it looks kinda crazy over.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Radka that is fantastic, the colours go together so well. You can indeed be so proud of it.

    Best wishes for a happy Christmas and everything you wish for in the New Year. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Radka, your Barn Dance is absolutely beautiful! It will be a family heirloom.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Radko,nikdy nepřestanu obdivovat Tvoji ruční práci.
    Přeji krásný a klidný konec roku 2021 Eva

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome and they brighten up my day :-)
Please be aware, that when you leave a comment, your IP address and other data (which may be name, e-mail, website etc) is stored by the website operator. You have the option to delete your comment at any time. If you use links, the forwarding of data is likely.


© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023