Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you can stay a while, so make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and browse through my blog pages. You can do this by either browsing up and down the pages as set out, or by subjects, listed under "my labels" in the left side bar.


Monday, 7 March 2022

FNwF

It has been a while since I joined one of Cheryll's special evenings, 
and even this time it felt a bit rushed.
But even so, thank you, Cheryll, for getting us together and for the chilled wine; I needed it, as you will see, although something stronger was needed.

It is my husband's birthday this week, and we had a family get together on Sunday. 
So my Friday was taken up by shopping and preparing some of the food; the evening was mostly taken up by making the birthday cake, of course! It actually turned out to be a near disaster, as about half way into the baking time 
I realized I was GRILLING the cake, not baking it!!!!😓 
I obviously turned the setting one notch too far and had the grill going! 
By then the top was pretty dark and raw inside. The option was to grin and carry on, or to go out, get new lot of ingrediencies and start again. I did not fancy the second option very much, so I covered the top of the cake with a foil, turned the oven to a lower setting and carried on. It actually worked! By the time it was all finished, with lots of chocolate and cream on (after I cut off the offending top part), no one was any wiser.

So, yes, you can grill a cake 😏, but I would not recommend it! I am still recovering!

But even so, I managed to sit down for a while and finish the latest small block for Blooming Springtime (before I could smell the burning!)



This will join the other small blocks,
which now form about a third of the top.
I can see a couple of places where some corrections will need to be made, 
but in the main I am happy with it.


I will come and see what the others were up to some time this week; 
it was a busy weekend, I need to rest!



©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2022

8 comments:

  1. Your quilt is looking beautiful Radka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Radko, šiješ další pěkný projekt. Mírové dny všem. M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dekuji, Marie! Co mam odpovedet? Ze to je sok? Ale neni, on to Putin planoval uz hodne dlouho, a Zapad usnul......

      Delete
  3. that applique is looking fantastic, well done with the cake save...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! what an experience with the cake, your long experience with cake baking saved the day. Love the quilt, so colourful and spring like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very good save on your cake! Love your beautiful applique xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooops! Glad you were able to save the cake and I am sure it was delicious. Yes, I am sure that something large and strong was in order. Your springtime panel is looking gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good for saving the cake, I hope you had a wonderful birthday with husband. congratulations again.
    Your embroidery is a dream... what a wonderful display of flowers and colours. Have fun embroidering... I'm starting to sew my pants, after yesterday's hard day at school, the relief operation for Ukrainian refugees has ended. The Trak is now on its way to the Ukrainian border.
    Nice weekend for you. We have sun... verry good.
    Your embroidery is a pleasure to look at. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome and they brighten up my day :-)
Please be aware, that when you leave a comment, your IP address and other data (which may be name, e-mail, website etc) is stored by the website operator. You have the option to delete your comment at any time. If you use links, the forwarding of data is likely.


© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023