Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you can stay a while, so make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and browse through my blog pages. You can do this by either browsing up and down the pages as set out, or by subjects, listed under "my labels" in the left side bar.


Sunday, 8 May 2022

FNwF

It has been a while since I joined Cheryll's group for Friday night get together.
Thank you, Cheryll,  for getting us together again!
This time I didn't do any sewing, but I did manage to crochet two more squares for Tobermory blanket.


Actually, there hasn't been any sewing going on all this week. After the winter months my tiny work room was in such a mess, some very overdue action was badly needed. 
I decided to do this properly this time, and even sort out all my craft books! I did collect too many over the years, crafts I wanted to have a go at, but never quite around to it, and unlikely I ever will.
 The only way to tackle this is to take all the books down, and then to decide which to put back on the shelves. 


I started with two book shelf units, and  managed to get it down to one! 
The charity shops in the town are very pleased about that 😀. 
This has given me enough space for a small 
"office" corner.   
 

I am not showing the rest of the room just yet, 
there is still lots to do!
If you are lucky to have a sewing room or just a corner somewhere, 
you know how quickly it can get out of control! 😉


After a very dry April we had some rain in last 10 days or so, and the garden has been soaking it up; it is getting quite green now, although we still need some colour.


There is a semi wild patch under the olive tree, which is looking quite pretty now,
with blue Camassias coming through.





The quince tree growing in the pot is covered in blossom this year,


so delicate.


I am having a go at growing strawberries in containers this year.



At last I am enjoying writing the blog again - we had new fibre broadband installed last week, what a difference! Uploading pictures is quick again, how it should be...

I wish you all a very productive crafting week!




©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2022

12 comments:

  1. You have such a beautiful garden! I've certainly said it before but it can be said again and again. Cleaning up and making room is a nice feeling. I recognize all that stuff in myself. It´s so easy to accumulate more than you really need.
    Have a good time Radka!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Radka, the crochet squares are so pretty. Love the bright and happy colours, and the pattern is lovely. How green is your garden with the pops of colour of the emerging flowers. Aah.....how I love a bookcase filled with books. If only I lived near you, I would've taken a few off your hands......just to help of course. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your squares are just so pretty Radka. I had to have a major prune of books before we moved. Still have too many for the space available but cant bear to part with any more! The garden pictures are gorgeous, looking so lovely, as always! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. always lovely sewing virtually with friends at FNWF. I love your crochet - lots of yummy texture and lovely seeing spring happening at your place... Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen that pattern for the squares before...very pretty.
    I love your garden x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The crocheted squares are very pretty and the pattern is new to me. I like the 3D of it. Tidying the sewing room is a huge task, and I am still working on mine after 18 months since we moved! Your garden is full of beautiful details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Radko, tolik práce je udělala. Zahradu máš kouzelnou. Háčkované čtverečky jsou moc pěkné. Bude z nich deka či polštářek ? Posílám jarní pozdrav. Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, bude to deka, kterou jsem zacala hodne davno :-)

      Delete
  9. The crochet squares are lovely, such pretty colours. Your garden looks beautiful. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Radka, I've just come home from my English course, which I'm really enjoying and it's nice to have mail from England. Thanks.
    Your little crochet squares are beautiful...
    yes the garden is a delight now...we've had wonderfully nice weather all spring...enjoy every little plant in your garden...it's just beautiful. Greetings to you Viola
    p.s. if you still have a book left in English, I'll be happy to take it off - I'm sure I'll come up with something for you too :-))))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome and they brighten up my day :-)
Please be aware, that when you leave a comment, your IP address and other data (which may be name, e-mail, website etc) is stored by the website operator. You have the option to delete your comment at any time. If you use links, the forwarding of data is likely.


© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023