Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you can stay a while, so make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and browse through my blog pages. You can do this by either browsing up and down the pages as set out, or by subjects, listed under "my labels" in the left side bar.


Sunday, 4 December 2022

and so into December

A quick catch up from me. 

Having unusually mild November, the weather coming now from the east is more of a shock,
some frosty mornings arrived this week and outside is looking rather sad.
Blackbirds cleared most of crab apples from the tree now and there isn't much else happening there. 


Indoors our Christmas cactus is rather confused, 
but the colour is welcome.







The small log cabin production line has slowed down (see my previous post). 
My work room with the sewing machine is in coldest part of the house and so I prefer to stay in a relative warmth on the living room, where I can 
quilt and hide under Blooming Springtime quilt.







After finishing the Sunshine and Showers blanket I missed having a crochet hook in my hand,
so I searched for another crochet project.
I came across Crojo Retro by Sue Maton from The Mercerie , so another production line started, 
this time with lots of flowers. Quick and easy to do.




This is a good project for using up some of my left over wool. 
I have ordered some additional Drops wool
 for the leaves and the rest of the blanket, but what with postal strikes, it is taking ages to get to me.
I am just keeping my fingers crossed that Christmas presents ordered online will get here in time.
I hope all is well where you are,
I wish you a good week!



©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2022

4 comments:

  1. The weather has been grim hasn't it - we had four days of fog which didn't lift last week. So it is lovely to see your gorgeous bright flowers on another grey morning. So pretty. Keep warm. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Christmas cactus was like yours, blooming in November already! The crocheted flowers are sweet and like a promise of next Summer to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A postal strike around Christmas time.....how inconvenient! Truly, they pick their moments, don't they?? As for the jumble of bright and happy flowers, they are gorgeous. They will put many a smile into your wintry days. Quite right, sitting in the warmth of your sitting room buried under Blooming Springtime as you quilt her.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome and they brighten up my day :-)
Please be aware, that when you leave a comment, your IP address and other data (which may be name, e-mail, website etc) is stored by the website operator. You have the option to delete your comment at any time. If you use links, the forwarding of data is likely.


© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023