Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you can stay a while, so make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and browse through my blog pages. You can do this by either browsing up and down the pages as set out, or by subjects, listed under "my labels" in the left side bar.


Monday, 9 January 2023


Although some 10 days too late - I wish you all Happy New Year!
As always, I hope it will turn out to be a good one! (One has to hope!)

It has been a very slow new year start for me,
most of our family managed to get the horrid cold/flu which was circulating here before and over Christmas, so I have been making most of the quiet time after Christmas to recover.
I am feeling very tired, which is not surprising,
but trying to get  back to some kind of normality.

There is nothing better to lift spirits than to start a new project.
 Yes, New Year = new quilt!

The Butterfly's Ball by Susan Smith,

inspired by a story "The Butterfly Ball and Grasshopper's Feast",








And so, lets go through my stash and  get some fabrics together, because:

"This is the day! Oh, goody! The Ball! 
Aren't you madly excited? Get up and get ready! 
Lets be on our way!"

 




Gloomy days are not good for taking photographs, but you get the idea;
this is the central panel.




©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023


5 comments:

  1. A Happy New Year to you, dear Radka, though I suppose, as always, there will be good and not so good things come our way. Love your new quilt. It is so pretty. Such pretty fabrics, too. Love those blue flowers waltzing around the hexie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Radka. This looks like a beautiful new project, perfect for you and pretty fabric selection. We have both been suffering for the last 10 days or so, the weather does not help! Yesterday was supposed to be dry so we headed for the coast only to be met with pouring rain and then sleet and hail when we came back over the top from Dunster to Bishops Lydeard. More to come I see. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish you a happy 2023 with no cold and nice sewing!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you too! Your new project looks lovely and the quote sounds so sweet. I'm a fan of classic children's books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year! I hope you feel better and can enjoy sewing. The new quilt is great, it will give you many happy hours ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome and they brighten up my day :-)
Please be aware, that when you leave a comment, your IP address and other data (which may be name, e-mail, website etc) is stored by the website operator. You have the option to delete your comment at any time. If you use links, the forwarding of data is likely.


© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023