Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you can stay a while, so make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and browse through my blog pages. You can do this by either browsing up and down the pages as set out, or by subjects, listed under "my labels" in the left side bar.


Saturday, 4 February 2023

Friday

My Friday was quite busy; 


I spent the afternoon finishing Blooming Springtime quilt, stitching the binding on.
I started this quilt in February'22, so it took exactly a year to make.
I quilted it by hand, using my usual shadow quilting
 with pearl cotton and a large stitch (because I am an impatient quilter!)
My first finish this year!







I am so glad this is done; when I get near the end of a project, 
I am itching to concentrate on the next one!

Now of course it is the Butterfly's Ball -

so I spent my evening joining the others at Cheryll's for FNwF,
working on the first applique border.
This is where the fun begins!



"Dormice in the winter like to snooze,
Not Now! 
Look at her party shoes, and 
Oh, what lovely eyes!
Her husband married her because he thought her finest feature was their lustre and their size."




Thank you, Cheryll, for getting us organized again!



©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023

18 comments:

  1. Blooming springtime is an applique quilt I want to also make sometime. Your quilt is so beautiful! I really like all the bright colors, happy stitchng!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Radko, to je krásná deka. Když se na ni dívám, hned se těšim na jaro. Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ano, to je videt jak se vsichni tesime na leto :-)

      Delete
  3. Your quilt is absolutely stunning!!! Love the colors and shapes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  4. A lovely finish to start off with New Year with. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful finish, it just screams Spring to me. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, Blooming Springtime is a dream, Radka! How glorious it is! The colours, the fabrics, the pattern, your beautiful applique skills and lovely quilting....all are just perfect! Very soon 'she' will be dancing in the springtime which is just about to arrive on your doorstep, me thinks. =) As for your little doormouse......she.....or is it he.....is so very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is gorgeous... great finish and I love the look of the next one you are working on too...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnD a stunning finish it is. Well done... Thanks for joining in FnwF again too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty finish Radka, just lovely. Cute little mouse. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a wonderful quilt with so much job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Blooming Springtime quilt is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely finish, I like the quilting style very much. And your Butterfly Ball is just what a little girl can dream of.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blooming Springtime is just beautiful! I love how the pale green, blue, pink, and yellow backgrounds work together to bring depth to this work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's an absolutely beautiful piece of art... and yes, when one project is complete we immediately jump into another... enjoy you.
    It's great to look at your work... love your color and shape combinations.
    Thank you and a hug to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome and they brighten up my day :-)
Please be aware, that when you leave a comment, your IP address and other data (which may be name, e-mail, website etc) is stored by the website operator. You have the option to delete your comment at any time. If you use links, the forwarding of data is likely.


© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023