Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you can stay a while, so make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and browse through my blog pages. You can do this by either browsing up and down the pages as set out, or by subjects, listed under "my labels" in the left side bar.


Sunday, 12 March 2023

Just a quick catch up

Winter is still hanging on here, 
we had some of this earlier this week, thankfully just for one day in my part of England;


There are new plants patiently waiting to be planted into my new herb bed.


But there is plenty going on inside:

second part of applique border for Butterfly's Ball is finished,


and lots of 1 inch hexies to make flowers for one of the borders. 
I am little ahead of myself here, but they are so easy to make in the evening while watching TV.



And finally, I leave with a quote; 
most here in UK will know what I am talking about:

"If liberty means anything at all, 
it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
(George Orwell)

Yes, it has been a busy week, and I am not talking only about sewing!


©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023

5 comments:

  1. The flowers in your header image are beautiful, are they from your garden? I've seen a lot of images of snow over the weekend, many friends and family back home showing off their wintry scenes. Butterfly ball is looking amazing, such pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the family told me snow had happened in various places.... brrrr.... a busy week for UK in the news... hit our news too...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, 'tis very strange indeed that one cannot speak the truth on a television program! Now to happier things. Isn't it the best fun playing with fabric and making wee hexies?? Your second part of the border for Butterfly Ball is gorgeous. I must say, I love the teacup overspilling with hellebores, in your banner. Keep warm. It looks like you will be snuggled inside enjoying some applique a little longer. Stitching time in the garden is a little way off, me thinks♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snow was nice but it is good to get back to warmer times even though it is wet. Lovely work on your border and pretty hexies. Yes a strange week indeed - whether we like what is said or not (and I did like) we should have the right to say it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must admit, I love those snow days. I wish we had them more often, like when I was a child. But of course everybody is now looking forward to Spring. We're having 22 degrees today, would you believe it??? And it's still officially Winter. Oh well. Love your border for your quilt and the tiny hexies are so colourful and will look beautiful in your next border. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome and they brighten up my day :-)
Please be aware, that when you leave a comment, your IP address and other data (which may be name, e-mail, website etc) is stored by the website operator. You have the option to delete your comment at any time. If you use links, the forwarding of data is likely.


© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023