Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you can stay a while, so make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and browse through my blog pages. You can do this by either browsing up and down the pages as set out, or by subjects, listed under "my labels" in the left side bar.


Wednesday, 25 October 2023

October, October..

I can't believe that it is 2 months since I ventured into the blog land; 
LIFE just gets in the way sometimes........
So, to catch up - our granddaughter was 18 in July and shortly after my last post she got her A Level results, which were very good, so at the start of this month she left us for a university of her choice.
It seems only like yesterday when we were making fabric projects together





She is all grown up now and we miss her .......It is always hard to "let go", 
even for grandparents, but of course we are very proud of her!

Back to sewing - I am still hand quilting "Butterfly's Ball" (it is a large quilt!), 
but nearly at the borders now.
I have been missing applique, so little playing with some blocks. I pulled this fabric from my stash,
(the green one with pink flowers - I am saving that one for the border) and matched some others from the stash also,

and bought few more to compliment.











                     
 New applique blocks are emerging:





Autumn has arrived, although still some colour in the garden, just about. 
These pictures are a couple of weeks old, but I still would like to share them.








I have pictures from our trip last week to share, 
but that will be another post shortly.



©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023


2 comments:

  1. It is lovely how much colour there is still left in the garden this year and I am still picking runner beans although the plant is destined for the bin this weekend. Your garden pictures are lovely. Pretty applique Radka and wishing your grandaughter all the best at University. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful roses, like the last kiss of summer late in the autumn. We are expecting some snow already. - Your applique blocks are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome and they brighten up my day :-)
Please be aware, that when you leave a comment, your IP address and other data (which may be name, e-mail, website etc) is stored by the website operator. You have the option to delete your comment at any time. If you use links, the forwarding of data is likely.


© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023