I have really got the crochet bug;
as soon as I finished Mystical Lanterns blanket, I started making Frida's Flowers blanket, also designed by Janie Crow (and originally CAL),
but I am making the "Primavera" version, colours chosen by Lucia from
Lucias Fig Tree , which I prefer to the original design.
I am using Stylecraft Special DK, because it is so well priced and they have such a great colour range.
I have started to join some blocks together, but I still need to finish few more.
This project is stretching my crochet abilities, but I am really enjoying it.
By the way, the CAL pattern is free on
Stylecraft website, in the original (black background) colour.
I hope to start working on the borders soon.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

And it is that time of year,
when for a short time we have marmalade oranges in our shops.
There are various methods of making orange marmalade;
I boil whole oranges (and one lemon) first, changing the water after about 15 minutes, until they are soft, cool them and then go on from there - cut them in half, scoop out the pulp and get rid of pips, weigh it and to every 400g of pulp allow 600g sugar and 500ml of the liquid in which the oranges were boiled.
I mix the pulp with sugar and water first over low heat, and then I add the peel (which I chopped up in the food processor) and fast boil to the setting point.
Job done.....
The result, in my opinion, is slightly sharper and not so sweet marmalade, which we prefer.
Enjoy your weekend!
©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2019
Wow, that crocheted blanket is amazing! You really have many talents. And your marmalade looks yummy too.
ReplyDeleteI love your new crochet project! I have one too but no where near as stylish. Great to make your own marmalade - it is a few years since I made some, we always seem to be here in Spain when the oranges are in the shops. Of course there are none here - difficult even to find orange jam. xx
ReplyDeleteYour crochet work is stunning, the flowers are beautiful. You make the marmalade sound so easy to make ;)
ReplyDeleteGorgeous work....the colours are lovely. Yum Marmalade fan here x
ReplyDeleteThe challenging pattern makes your crocheting more interesting too, and the end result will be great. I like your colours too. - Orange marmalade sounds delicious. I never knew how it was made!
ReplyDeleteThe crochet flowers are so pretty!
ReplyDeleteLovely crochet!! That´s a new way making marmelade,sound good.
ReplyDeletexx
A už aj snežienky :-)
ReplyDeleteHáčkovanie máš krásne, to ja neviem :-(
Akurát som bola včera na nákupe a pozerala po pomarančoch a myslela na teba, od teba som sa naučila robiť parádnu marmeládu. Možno ich budú mať o týždeň a budem robiť.
Maj sa fajn!
Pááá
I love love love your beautiful crochet..and I bet your kitchen smells wonderful too !
ReplyDeleteYour crochet is just beautiful and your marmalade recipe sounds quite easy. Must try it next time.
ReplyDeleteHáčkovaná deka je moc pěkná a hodně pracná. Obdivuji tvou trpělivost a pečlivost. Marmeláda vypadá luxusně a určitě i tak chutná. M.
ReplyDelete