Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you can stay a while, so make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and browse through my blog pages. You can do this by either browsing up and down the pages as set out, or by subjects, listed under "my labels" in the left side bar.


Thursday, 2 May 2019

back to "St Germain"...

Yes, this one has been quietly waiting in the corner of my room - the "St Germain" quilt with the largest amount of appliqued pieces I have done to date - but not yet finished.


I bought the backing fabric a while back, but I could not decide what kind of wadding to use.




I will be using this quilt on my bed, rather than as a wall quilt, so I want it to be soft and warm.
In the end I decided to use a mixture of cotton and wool; it is lovely and very soft, and judging how it feels on my lap, also warm. 
No, this is not the ideal time of the year to hand quilt a warm quilt, but actually, the evenings are so cold at the moment, that it is quite welcome to have a quilt on my lap.

So, sandwiched and ready to quilt.



I bought a new packet of quilting needles for this job, and to try out - "Clover" black coated ones. 

This will be a long job, but I have started. 
The new needle is a pleasure to use, it just glides through all the layers.
But also the cotton/wool wadding is lovely to work with, there just doesn't seem to be any resistance at all.



©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2019

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I have been hand quilting recently and I enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's a beautiful quilt Radka. Looking forward to seeing your lovely quilting x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Radka,
    the quilted deck looks and looks beautiful...the applications look perfect...
    Your handquilting will look great on it.
    Greetings from Germany, Klaudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am quilting at the moment and it is lovely to have that warmth around my legs! Your St Germain is going to be gorgeous. What I like about the black needles is that they don't bend - my quilting needles always used to end up distinctly curved! Happy quilting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Radko, quilt vypadá moc dobře. A s jehlou se určitě dobře pracuje.M.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome and they brighten up my day :-)
Please be aware, that when you leave a comment, your IP address and other data (which may be name, e-mail, website etc) is stored by the website operator. You have the option to delete your comment at any time. If you use links, the forwarding of data is likely.


© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023