Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you can stay a while, so make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and browse through my blog pages. You can do this by either browsing up and down the pages as set out, or by subjects, listed under "my labels" in the left side bar.


Friday, 26 April 2019

cushion Olle

This was quite a quick project; the cushion, which you saw a start of in my last post, is finished, 
and I am very pleased with the new addition to our sofa.
The twelve crochet buttons (although not perfect, as this is the first time I have made crochet buttons) add a nice embellishment.


The pattern is by Stephanie Haytink and you can find it on Ravelry .

The wonderful weather of last week has gone, 
and now we have what the weather men call "typical April weather", 
much cooler with showers, and worse is apparently on the way 😞; the heating is back on...
But the nature won't be stopped and our little garden is marching on...







I am specially pleased about this new addition to our garden.
You might remember that last autumn we had to take down the quince tree, because it was just growing too large for our garden. I was really sorry to see it go; I love the fresh velvety leaves and delicate spring flowers; and the fruit, of course. 
But I have found out that you can get a dwarf variety which can be grown in a pot, 
so a couple of month ago we managed to get one.
And here it is, very happy, with quite a few flower buds!




©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2019

9 comments:

  1. Your finished cushion is gorgeous - I do like the colours you have used - and I love the bobbles at the edge! You are enjoying the onset of spring just as we are appreciating the onset of autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice cushion and your garden looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cushion looks great Radka - the buttons are a great addition. We drove down through France on Thursday and passed through several rain storms then about an hour from home we passed through a small area that had had a huge hail storm. There were two or three inches of hail stones lying and where there were trees overhanging the road, the road was green where all the new young leaves had been shredded. Felling very sorry for anyone with vines or young crops in the area as they must have been devastated. All well at home tough fortunately although it is cold and wet. Hope you do well with the quince. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cushion!! Your plants are really big already :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful cushion. I love the colours.
    Your garden looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cushion. Looks wonderful. Your Spring garden is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new cushion in swedish colours and Olle is a swedish name by many men:-))
    Your garden is so beautiful too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Radka,
    The cushion is perfect for your Sofa and your garden is so beautiful, enjoy spring and have a good time
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment :-)
      xx

      Delete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome and they brighten up my day :-)
Please be aware, that when you leave a comment, your IP address and other data (which may be name, e-mail, website etc) is stored by the website operator. You have the option to delete your comment at any time. If you use links, the forwarding of data is likely.


© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023