Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you can stay a while, so make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and browse through my blog pages. You can do this by either browsing up and down the pages as set out, or by subjects, listed under "my labels" in the left side bar.


Tuesday, 23 July 2019

he who seeks, finds,

but not necessarily what one is looking for!
My sewing room is very, very small, so you would think not much can get lost in there.
Few days ago I came across an article about Swedish linen embroidery threads, and I knew I had some. 
I bought a selection during one of our Scandinavian holidays.
But can I now find them?  I have gone through all the possible places, but nothing.




What I did find however, was something I forgot I had, in fact I can't even remember how long I had it. It is a crewel embroidery kit from Jane Rainbow.
I seemed to had done quite a bit of it at the time, although I really don't remember when.....





























But it is just too hot for a wool embroidery right now, actually it has been too hot for any needlework,
my hands are just too warm.

I did little baking. Bublanina (the traditional Czech "bubble cake", usually made with cherries; when baked it looks like the fruit inside made bubbles). I prefer to use apricots, because of their stronger flavour. 




It has been very dry in our part of the world. We are keeping the garden going the best we can, 
using what is left in the water butts, and any used water from indoors,


and at the same time creating as much shade for ourselves as we can.


But today I stayed inside for most of the day, it was too hot outside.
We are supposed to get some rain during the night, but again - it might pass us by......


©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2019

5 comments:

  1. Your Jane Rainbow kit looks interesting. I sometimes find things I started long ago. Will I live long enough to finish what I have started?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful embroidery, and it reminds me of some UFOs I have inherited from previous generations with cotton or silk threads. Yes, warm hands make sticky needles and no nice stitches! We had a refreshing rain yesterday so the weather is bearable again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden looks splendid which is surprising in this heat. And I'm not surprised you stayed indoors today; I did too, it's just too hot outside. So I basted a big quilt; something I've been putting off for weeks and I'm glad it's done now (although it was sweaty work). Your embroidery is beautiful but I don't blame you for not wanting to work with wool at the moment. I hope you'll find your Swedish linen! I know how frustrating it can be looking for something in vain. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your crewel work piece looks gorgeous - I hope you finish it when the weather cools down. Mega hot here too - we retreat indoors by 11am and the garden is dry as dust. Just managing to keep some of the veg going and my pots but everything else has to take it's chance. We are promised storms and rain over the next two days but like you it could easily pass us by. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Bubble cake looks scrumptious.
    We too have had little rain, apart from a few heavy showers in early June. It is the middle of Winter, although one would never believe it, with temps of 24C for weeks. Your garden looks so pretty,
    Helping the garden, with hand watering, is our only choice right now.Kay.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome and they brighten up my day :-)
Please be aware, that when you leave a comment, your IP address and other data (which may be name, e-mail, website etc) is stored by the website operator. You have the option to delete your comment at any time. If you use links, the forwarding of data is likely.


© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023