It is this time of year when I embroider most, I find it so much more enjoyable to do outside in the summer light.
This is a cushion kit by Nancy Nicholson, which I bought a couple years ago. All her kits come in their own canvas bag, decorated with a bonus design on the outside, which you can also embroider.
I did that right at the beginning.
There is still lots to do here.
Today I managed to find (in the depth of my room) "Heartsong",
a design by Rosalie Quinlan, which I bought ages ago.
The pattern comes with two design options (one being Christmas), and two sizes; the smaller sizes have iron-on transfers included, the larger can be traced on to the fabric.
I don't really feel like Christmas, so I am making the "summer" version.
Which colour should I go for?
In the end I went for the pinks.
Yesterday we happened to be on the Somerset Levels,
so we made a brief visit to Barrington Court (NT),
to see how the gardens are doing in this heat.
Like everywhere in this part of England, it is very dry here and desperate for some rain, but still there is lots of colour around.
In the old stable block are several small shops;
while DH was browsing in the secondhand book shop,
I "popped in" to the Barrington Patchwork shop.
Unusually I did not buy any fabric this time,
but I did come away with a selection of
pearl cotton No16 (to add to my stash),
which I like to use for some colourful quilting.
I always buy some when I am this way, as this is the only shop in my area (that I am aware of),
which stocks it.
The lavender in our front garden is loving this weather.
©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2019
What beautiful embroidery and I love how it comes to you. Rosie was such a special lady and her designs are gorgeous! Loved coming along on your outing. Your Lavender is stunning!
ReplyDeleteYour bird looks like fun to work on and I love the idea of the bag to store it in. Lovely pictures of Barrington and you lavender looks amazing. Happy stitching. xx
ReplyDeleteLovely photos and lovely embroderies!!!
ReplyDeleteI also embroidered one of Nancy’s Birds...very enjoyable stitching and cute bag it came in. I love Heartsong....will be lovely too. My Sweet Pea crochet blanket from Attic 24 is almost done. Love your crochet too. Happy Stitching!
ReplyDeleteA lovely place to visit on a summer day. So love the colours of your new threads.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great summer project! Your outside photos are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteRadko, nádhera! Jak výšivky, tak ta zahrada!
ReplyDeletePřeji krásné letní dny, Helena
Your lavender is gorgeous. Do you "harvest" them and dry them? And I love your embroidery, it looks like a relaxing sort of work! And that little house thread holder is adorable. I hope you are having a great summer!
ReplyDeleteRadko, máš krásné letní vyšívání. I foto z procházky krásnou zahradou se mi líbí. M.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lavender! So big, so beautiful. Embroidery is outstanding.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a great summer Radka! <3
Beautiful parc and garden in your blog !!!
ReplyDelete