Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you can stay a while, so make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and browse through my blog pages. You can do this by either browsing up and down the pages as set out, or by subjects, listed under "my labels" in the left side bar.


Tuesday, 28 January 2020

It was white outside when I woke up this morning - a hail storm during the night.
Thankfully it did not last; I am dreaming of spring........😟

I finished the first lot of applique leaves on my Grandmother's Flower Garden
(there will be lots more later);
the pattern gives an option to finish the quilt at this point, just back it and quilt.
But I am in for the full journey, for now anyway.
Unfortunately the artificial light inside doesn't help to take good pictures,
so this is the best I could do today.



For my applique I am using thin cotton thread, No 60. 
I have slowly built up a collection of colours, and these, together with a very thin applique needle, make the sewing very easy and quick.







The next border will be made up from small 3 inch log cabin blocks.
I have made the first 4, which are for the corners.
I am making a good use of the "Bloc-Loc" log cabin ruler,
which I bough at a show some time ago, and only now it has become useful.



This will mean spending time upstairs at the sewing machine,
so for my evening crafting in front of TV I have picked up the crochet hook again
to carry on with the Arabian Nights blanket.



By the way, I have been forced to turn on "comment moderation",  because I received some unwelcome comments on my blog, and I do object to anyone trying to advertise their cleaning services on my blog.
I don't like doing it, because I like to see my comments posted when I comment on others, but I hope this will not put you off from leaving a comment, if you feel like it 😉

©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2020

12 comments:

  1. Those spamming commenters are so very annoying, aren't they? Love both of your projects - one sweet and delicate and the other strong and bold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Projekt - babiččina zahrádka pěkně pokračuje. I háčkovaná deka je větší. Přeji hezké dny. M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking stunning! I also love your Arabian Nights...so colourful and happy. Those spammers are such pests!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The right kind of thread and needle must mean a lot when sewing the appliqued bits in place. You have done a great job. The crochet colours are like some jewellery!
    I hate comments in a language I don't understand at all, because I have no idea if it is just spam or some really bad spam. Therefore I delete them immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know how much I love appliqué and your Grandmothers garden quilt is going to be so pretty. How small are the hexagons in the flowers? They look like they might have been a bit fiddly. Have you got any thoughts yet on how you will quilt it?
    Your blanket is sure to chase away the winter blues too. The saturated colour is fabulous.
    I decided to moderate comments too after looking at my followers on Blogger/Bloglovin. Some decidedly unsavoury characters but no spam as yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fortunately my WordPress blog has a filter from spam there is a bin which I have to empty now and then.
    Your work is always beautiful - i'm going on very lazy with my hands...struggling against that mood - missing embroidery...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flower garden is looking gorgeous Radka. What make of thread do you use, and is it cotton? That crochet is just stunning. I had a few coments in Arabic? for a while which I deleted immediately marking as spam and they stopped sopresumeably the spam filter is working OK. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes a little moderation goes a long way. I have it turned on for similar reasons.
    Your quilt is looking amazing and I'm looking forward to seeing those tiny logs cabins going on.
    Your blanket is stunning too, such a bright and colourful design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt it fantastic, I love it. The crochet looks just ideal for dark winter evenings, it will be so cosy when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, schöner Beitrag. :)
    Ich folge dir jetzt und ich würde mich freuen,
    wenn du Zeit und Lust hättest meinem Blog zu folgen.
    https://katrinausdd.blogspot.com/

    LG Katrin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome and they brighten up my day :-)
Please be aware, that when you leave a comment, your IP address and other data (which may be name, e-mail, website etc) is stored by the website operator. You have the option to delete your comment at any time. If you use links, the forwarding of data is likely.


© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023