Yes, really! Again - thank you to
Cheryll for getting us together for another Friday Night with Friends!
For most of the day yesterday we had bits of blue sky - so welcome after what seems to be weeks and weeks of unrelentless rain, I even set outside in the sunshine for a while, just enjoying the warmth on my face. There are very small signs of spring in our garden. Buds on the crab apple tree are just waiting to burst open.
Pair of blue-tits have taken over repaired and clean nest box, I really hope it all means that spring is close.
I haven't been doing much sewing, it must be the time of year, I do feel tired.......
All inspiration is eluding me.
This pretty pink hepatica has been out for a while.
So, what was up to last night? I picked up somewhat forgotten Awakening quilt.
To be very honest, I am struggling with that one, and that is quite rare for me.

I can see now why Irene did not release this one as a stand alone pattern; she writes about it her collection of quilt patterns "Focus on Applique". It was her first quilt and it has a very personal meaning, it helped her through a very bad time in her life.
So, why did I think I could somehow copy that and make it mine?
At this point I am stuck.
Too many (very small) blocks and angels, and angel quotes (which I decided right at the start I would not include).
I decided there is only one thing I can do, just carry on (it is a very difficult quilt to ignore and not finish, but I will simply "do my own thing" and finish it in my own way, ignoring the deeper meaning. I am using other ideas from other blocks and quilts in Irene's book.
Last night I finished this rather a large block (larger than most others). I liked making this one, this is more "me".
I have also been working on the crochet Arabian Nights blanket, and there is also another crochet project in making, a summer wrap (one has to look forward to something, right?); I will share that one soon.
I hope you are well and keeping out of the way of the horrid virus sweeping across the globe.
Enjoy your weekend!
©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2020
Thanks so much for visiting One Saylor's Log and leaving a comment, Radka. I admire your stitching and pretty flowers, and hope you are having a lovely weekend. :-)
ReplyDeleteIt's difficult when you struggle with a design but I think doing your own thing is often the best path to getting it finished. I am sure it will be beautiful when your done. Pretty Spring beginnings Radka xx
ReplyDeleteThere is too much work put into this beauty not to finish. Love the bird.
ReplyDeletewow what a lovely quilt :) visiting from FNwF :)
ReplyDeleteA wise decision about the quilt that doesn't feel quite right! I'm sure you will find a way to replace the blocks you want with others. Too much energy spent on it so far to leave it unfinished.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful hepatica! In my childhood the forest was full of them in May, mostly blue but some rare pink ones were always there too.
I love that bird and flowers block Radka - grogeous. We had a lovely sunny day yesterday and I was able to catch up with some washing and sit outside for an hpour in the afternoon. Cold and grey again today. Beautiful pink hepatica. xx
ReplyDeleteit is a lovely quilt and I can see that there could be a lot of "deep thoughts" behind it... but you are so close so keep going. the flowers are so pretty.I am looking forward to the cooler weather. Our summers are hot & humid. blah!
ReplyDeleteAlso visiting from FNwF :)
I think you are quite right to finish the quilt in your own way, I always seem to change something to my own taste. Love the bird block it is very pretty.
ReplyDeleteYes, those months fly by, don't they? Lovely work on your quilt block, my dear.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure in the end your quilt will be stunning. Sometimes it takes time for inspiration to come through but I must say I'm loving what you've done so far, and especially the last big block you've made. xx
ReplyDeleteI"m sorry to hear you've been feeling uninspired, I hope that the approaching spring helps you there. The bird block you have worked on is lovely - it sounds like this is the way for you to complete this quilt - do in it what you love.
ReplyDeleteRadko, vydala jsi se dobrou cestou, dokončit deku vlastním způsobem. Obdivuji tvé květiny i aplikaci ptáčka. M.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining in FNwF... & persevere... your quilt will be gorgeous... xox
ReplyDeleteSew hard when you aren't inspired anymore to finish a quilt but as you've put a lot of work into I hope you do finish it.......
ReplyDeleteYour bird block is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteThat applique block you made is fantastic! I should try doing that someday as I do enjoy hand-sewing. Thanks for visiting my blog, nice to meet you! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
ReplyDelete