I have finished 3rd part of Manor House quilt, but as I haven't been sewing them in the order given, it is actually no 1 in the pattern;
and this how the 3 finished parts look joined together:
part 4, the last applique part of this quilt will be at the bottom.
If you are following Mary Corbet (known mainly for her embroideries), you may have seen her other project she is working on -
EPP project - hexies. She is making loads of 3/4 " hexies and storing them, with the idea of eventually making them into a quilt.
As we know, EPP is so easy and portable; this has prompt me to start a similar one.
We all probably have small bits of fabric around; I keep even very small bits for my applique work, stash them in a box, which gets frequently forgotten. So, I am slowly going through my small bits stash and cutting them up into 2" squares, if I can (some pieces are too small even for that).
I like the way Mary has organised her work, using a large pencil case for taking her bits around with her.
Although I am not planning on travelling any time soon, it is still a good idea for just taking it in and out of the house.
I have managed to find a similar pencil case (it is very roomy inside) and started to collect necessary tools.

She is using "Really Useful" boxes for storing finished hexies.
I am rather

addicted to the "Really Useful Boxes" company, my work room is full of their boxes, I always seem to pick up one or two at shows. So practical, they are see through, and stack up, so it is always so easy to see what is in them. So yes, I am up there with her!
This is going to be a very random project, with no particular colour scheme in mind, a good filler when I don't feel like doing anything else, and eventually there just may be enough to make something.............
Rather strange weather in this part of the world, not one thing or another; just when you think it could be a day stitching outside, some rain appears, just enough to spoil it.
But there is always something to do...
Another enjoyable book from Jojo Moyes - about Horseback Librarian programme in Kentucky before WWII ( and a love story thrown in, of course!)
©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2020
I adore your Manor House quilt. It is going to be such a beauty. Meanwhile, I follow Mary and admire her embroidery very much. What a great idea to use a pencil case which I am going to do as well. It would help with toting my stuff back and forth to the veranda. I just worked my very first hexies for a Solidarity block and I am hooked. I will have to make more! Happy Stitching and I hope you get back to that pretty spot.
ReplyDeleteYes, Mary's hexies are tempting me too. Just thinking about it for now. Your quilt is looking nice, the colours are very nice together.
ReplyDeleteYour applique blocks look great together, nice big blocks. The hexie project is a good idea, you can work on it any time and forget it when something more interesting is going on.
ReplyDeleteYour applique is looking so beautiful Radka, I am looking forward to seeing it with the next piece added. Well you know I love a hexie! I have a couple of boxes of 1/2" hexies waiting for a mosaic project and am collectiong floral hexies from my swap group for an Avril Colby project. They are great for using up oddments and odd moments. xx
ReplyDeleteI recently cut up my leftover basket but sadly it's already full again. Good for you for using up every little piece (I've become very ruthless and if it's not at least 2.5 inches it gets thrown out)! I like your new pencil case and with all the necessary tools. And it's nice that it is roomy, that way it can even hold the pieces of whatever you're working on too. And of course your Manor House is looking super. Is it going to be much bigger? xx
ReplyDeleteRadko, deka vypadá luxusně. Už se těším na její poslední díl. M.
ReplyDeleteManor House is coming along and is going to be a beautiful quilt. Great idea for hexie making. I have a box for itsy bitsy scraps for applique too!
ReplyDeleteHej Radka, the manor House is beautiful. I love your outside sewing corner. Hopefully you can spend many hours there. Have a nice weekend!
ReplyDelete