Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you can stay a while, so make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and browse through my blog pages. You can do this by either browsing up and down the pages as set out, or by subjects, listed under "my labels" in the left side bar.


Friday, 30 October 2020

colours of Stourhead

It had been a very long time since our last trip Stourhead (NT), in fact nearly a year, it is hard to believe.


All National Trust properties were closed during the lockdown, of course, and they started re-opening slowly at the start of the summer. But nothing is normal - to control the numbers of visitors you need pre-book a timed slot for your visit. Everyone has to keep to a one way system through the grounds.
The timed slots are being released every Friday for the week ahead - so you can imagine the rush on Friday morning, special as it was a school half term coming up. No longer you can simply wait for a nice day and then decide to go, and with the awful weather we have been having, booking is taking a chance.
As it happens we were extremely lucky, the day we booked was the only dry morning this week! Not bright, but dry. My daughter was quick of the mark last Friday and booked for all of us, and it was nice to meet up with her and the grandchildren for a lovely walk.

As I said, it was rather dull, so the pictures are not the usual Stourhead quality, but I hope you can still enjoy some of the autumn colours.




















There has been a weather warning for tonight and tomorrow, 
lots of rain and high winds are on the way.
I hope it is better where you are and you can enjoy your weekend!
Keep safe!


©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2020

14 comments:

  1. OMG! What beautiful pictures, colours, trees all is so beautiful
    Stay safe too. A cosy weekend at home near the fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the autumn colours!
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love seeing photos of Stourhead. Keep well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Frances, it is good to hear from you! I am not able to answer you directly - your profile is not "public". Take care,
      xx

      Delete
  4. Nádherné fotky.Takový podzim mám ráda.U nás prší a ráno jsou mlhy.Zdravím z Česka,Mirka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dekuji Mirko :-)
      Tady take cely tyden prselo, meli jsme ten jeden den stesti.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, those Autumn pictures are truly spectacular. So nice that you got to go for a visit again and wonderful that you were lucky with the weather. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful autumn colours, and exotic shapes of the leaves. It looks like a very nice day and weather for this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Radka,It was lovely to see your photos of a visit to Stourhead. It has been a while as I feel like I had a visit too .Beautiful place to go,always love when you post from there. So pretty your wallhanging Broderie Perse.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, fantastic, autumn is amazing in many ways and I really like your photos! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Radka! I love those fallen leaves. Lovely for you to meet up with family too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Radka. Thank you for visiting my blog and for your comments and also for following the blog. I am now doing the same :-) Incredibly beautiful photos of Stourhead! The quality of the photos seem fine to me. What a fabulous walk among all those splendid Autumn colours. I have been looking at some of your posts and admiring the quilts you have made. Really lovely! I am going to put you on my Blog list now. keep well Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colours are just gorgeous.....such a picture. Must have been a lovely treat with your family to visit x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow you have captured some gorgeous colors-I enjoyed this post

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome and they brighten up my day :-)
Please be aware, that when you leave a comment, your IP address and other data (which may be name, e-mail, website etc) is stored by the website operator. You have the option to delete your comment at any time. If you use links, the forwarding of data is likely.


© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023