Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you can stay a while, so make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and browse through my blog pages. You can do this by either browsing up and down the pages as set out, or by subjects, listed under "my labels" in the left side bar.


Saturday, 23 January 2021

It is nearly the end of January and I am only now writing the first post of the year.
I have absolutely no excuse, the weeks seem to fly by, but I am finding hard to get motivated. 
December was a very strange month - first the coffee machine gave up, followed by my craft iron, and the weekend before Christmas our freezer decided to give up also!

In the third lockdown now - the most difficult yet. 
During the first lockdown we had wonderful weather and we just hid away in the sanctuary of our garden. It is very different this time; it has either been too cold and mainly icy for walking, or too wet, for most of this month.

But it is not all bad news - my husband had his first dose of Covid19 vaccination last week, and has now at last got a date for his operation, which he was supposed to have last March. I had a call from our doctor's surgery yesterday, inviting me to have my vaccination next week. It is not going to make a huge difference to our lives for a long time yet, but it is a small light at the end of a very long tunnel, as they say. And the first snowdrops are out in our garden.
I have been trying to sort out my sewing room, because as we all know, thing can get our of hand very quickly; I have a terrible habit of pulling things out when looking for something, but very rarely put everything back.  And very often I get distracted by old and forgotten projects.
I am probably not alone in that.
This one is not so old - my 10" "lockdown" blocks, which I made last spring, during the first lockdown. I managed to find some fabric in my stash and at last put it all together, and yes, I am actually quilting it! It should not take long, this is not a large quilt.
It will probably be always known as the "Lockdown Quilt".




After some break I am also reading again; I just finished this lovely book by Richard Osman, his first novel. "The Thursday Murder Club" is a group of friends living in a retirement home, who get together every Thursday, to try to solve old unsolved murder cases. It's a really nice book, funny and touching - "never underestimate the power of the elderly!"                 

Am I looking for that next large applique project?       Yes, always! 😉 


I promise I will do the rounds shortly and come to check out what you have been up to!



©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2020

12 comments:

  1. So glad to hear the vaccinations are being rolled out for you... as you say light at the end of the tunnel and I do feel for the many days of isolation so many are having to have, particularly hard in cold weather.... I love you lockdown quilt... so pretty and looking forward to seeing your next project. I have just reserved that book from my library.... am just reading a book by Joanna Nell - also elderly in a care home... and quite amusing...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Radka, How lovely to see the snowdrops in your garden. I loved them as a child and nothing has changed, except they are hard to find where we are located. Yes I have a similar problem with my sewing room, unfortunately it is a large parent's retreat on our ground level, We use the one on the upstairs level.
    I love you "lockdown Quilt" it looks so cheery, I'm sure it helped to pass the time during this event. The book sounds very interesting. I haven't read for a few months. I am enjoying reading again a book I read some 20 years ago. This one is called The Heart's Code." by Paul Pearsall Phd, a very interesting and thought provoking read.

    Hugs.
    Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Radka, this has been rough winter for sure for allot of us uncertain times. I Love your Lockdown quilt very much-I am the same way my craft room is tight to begin with-I have sooo much stuff-but I love it all and looking for something can be craziness. things always seem to break together-I always figured the items were probably purchased around the same time so then they break together too haha Happy Sunday hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Lockdown Quilt is very nice! It has been hard times so I think it is not strange we all are a bit tired of it all. What you said about your sewing room sounds very familiar :) I too look for something, then I find some other project or fabric I had forgot. Then I have to start working on it at once, and the mess is worse than when I started :) I need to declutter and organize my sewing room too. It was lovely to see the snow drops! It gives hope about spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Radka. Good to hear from you. Always good to start the new year with a tidy room!Good to hear that your getting your vaccinations - its a bit slower here. The lockdown quilt looks very soft and pretty. No sign of my snowdrops yet but the daffodils are starting to get buds. It's been a colder winter here with quite a few frosts but at least on sunny days it has been warm enough to sit outside. Wet and grey at the moment though. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sewing room looks nice and neat...puts mine to shame. I also share my craft room with my online class resources supplies and my Family History stuff. It is a mess I really need to give it a good sort out:-) Your lockdown quilt looks really gorgeous..beautiful flowers! We are in lockdown once again (who isnt!!) for another 15 days and then we are told to self isolate as much as possible. Motivation has been escaping me recently too but today is a new day and so I must be positive. Thanks be to all the stars in the heavens I have my crochet :-) keep well and stay safe Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Milá Radko, posílám pozdrav a vzpomínku za Tebou. Jsem ráda, že si pěkně tvoříš a doufáš v lepší časy. Uzamčená deka krásné a jemné barvy. Bude to vzpomínka na ty špatné dny. A s šicí místností to mám podobně jako Ty.
    Tvému manželovi držím pěsti, aby operace byla v pořádku.
    Posílám i jeden návrh na šití
    http://jitkanitka.blogspot.com/2021/01/variabilni-deka-2021.html
    Opatruj se. Těším se na Tvoje další obrázky. Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you back blogging Radka. Your snowdrops and quilt are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A warm hug to you dear Radka. Your quilt will be wonderful, I like the colors and the wonderful different flower motifs.
    It's so great that the first snowdrops are blooming ... so spring is approaching and brings momentum and abundance with it.
    We got snow again, but I'm quite happy and take my skis for a tour in the forest. I also set up the sewing machine ... it makes me happy to produce something.
    I look forward to seeing things sewn by you.
    Hug Viola

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome and they brighten up my day :-)
Please be aware, that when you leave a comment, your IP address and other data (which may be name, e-mail, website etc) is stored by the website operator. You have the option to delete your comment at any time. If you use links, the forwarding of data is likely.


© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023