Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you can stay a while, so make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and browse through my blog pages. You can do this by either browsing up and down the pages as set out, or by subjects, listed under "my labels" in the left side bar.


Sunday, 7 February 2021

Barn Dance at FNwF


Firstly, thank you very much to Cheryll for hosting another FNwF - 
and here we are in February.

Is it really nearly a year since this whole Covid madness started? Still in another lockdown here in UK, without any ending in sight. We are thankful for our crafting keeping us going through it.

So, what is this Barn Dance?
 No, we did not dance at Cheryll's, although the thought is quite appealing 😁, 
we all could do with a little jig!


The "Barn Dance" is a name of my new large quilt project for this year. The "Manor House" quilt is yet to be quilted, but I really need something new to get my teeth into.
I found this pattern in one of the old issues of Quiltmania magazine; designed by Robyn Fallon, it has all the elements of applique I like - needleturn applique, flowers, birds, and even pears.

I stared working on this last weekend,



and it didn't take me long to finish the centre motif.


And this where I got to on Friday night, having fun with small brown berries. That's when I realized how difficult it is to make perfect small circles which are only 1/2 inch in diametr! 
Still, I am not worried, nothing is really that perfect in the nature.


  Today I added a border, which frames the centre panel quite nicely. 


We are spending lots of time indoors of course, the weather hasn't been nice enough for long walks; January was very, very wet and there was even some of this:
At the moment it is very cold, coming the the east, it could mean more snow 😒


Last week I finished the Lockdown quilt, with very quick hand quilting. I washed it to remove all the makings.
To be honest, I just wanted to get it out of the way, before I started on the Barn Dance quilt.



But the highlight of my last week was of course my first Covid jab!
It made me slightly ill just for a short time, so I allowed myself a day in bed!!!

Enjoy your week and take care!


©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2021

16 comments:

  1. You do the needleturn applique so nice. I have tried to do needleturn applique, but I think I have not been patient enough to really get into it. Your work is beautiful. Now I have sorted out my sewing room and can see what I have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt! what a great pattern! I hope you enjoy wish your new project, dear Radka. The barn dance quilt is just wonderful. I am delighted with your beginning ... beautiful.
    I'm also sewing and I've never tried quilting ... maybe I should do something very simple once :-))
    Happy Sunday evening greetings to you. Viola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Radko, vybrala jsi pěkný projekt na deku. Obdivuji Tvé textilní aplikace a kombinování s ruční výšivkou.
    Doufám, že Ti je už lépe a nemoc Tě netrápí.
    Jen zdravé dny Ti přeje Marie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dekuji Marie, nic uz mi neni, bylo to jen trochu po Covid injekci, ale to pry je normalni. Tesim se na dalsi pokracovani Barn Dance quilt. xx

      Delete
  4. Love your fabrics and the pattern, another beautiful quilt on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just looking at your Lockdown quilt is sure to bring a smile to your face. Very pretty. Barn dance is progressing beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quick is looking lovely Radka. So is your lockdown one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh WoW... you certainly accomplished a lot...AND it looks beautiful too.
    So huge congrats are in order. I love the "lockdown" quilt too...its pretty.
    Thank you for sewing with us all at FNwF too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your lock down quilt is so pretty - you made very good progress on your Barn Dance - I think your half inch circles are very good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I look forward to watching your 'Barn Dance' quilt grow, lovely centre block.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is going to be a beautiful project... I love your colour choice...
    \Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a beautiful new project. I love Robyns designs. Your stitching is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Radka, lovely barn dance center and your covid quilt is awesome. Wonderful work. Good for you to get your first covid shot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really impressive! Your new appliqué project is beautiful! Those flowers and berries remind me of the type of flowers and plants used in Elizabethan embroidery. Fabulous colours! Hope you are feeling better now. stay safe Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your new appliqué for Barn Dance looks gorgeous! I remember being attracted to that pattern too - maybe some day. Meanwhile, will enjoy seeing yours develop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I somehow missed this post Radka! Glad you have had your jab - no appointments available here and it looks like the under 65's who can have the Astrazenica jab will get theirs before us older ones! Your new project is lovely. Someone sent me a link to how to make tiny circles - if I can find it I will send it on. Your centre panel is beautiful. Nice finish on the lockdown quilt - I know what you mean about clearing one project away before starting the next! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome and they brighten up my day :-)
Please be aware, that when you leave a comment, your IP address and other data (which may be name, e-mail, website etc) is stored by the website operator. You have the option to delete your comment at any time. If you use links, the forwarding of data is likely.


© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023