Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you can stay a while, so make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and browse through my blog pages. You can do this by either browsing up and down the pages as set out, or by subjects, listed under "my labels" in the left side bar.


Tuesday, 11 May 2021

this is what I call Spring Day!


My regular followers know how we like to visit National Trust gardens, but like most things even that has been rather complicated. All the historical houses have been closed, to protect visitors and volunteers who work there. But they tried to keep the gardens open as much as possible, for people to visit when it was allowed - so good for mental health.
The nature has been rather unkind this year and spring has come very late; it was dry and cold all April and only now there is some hint of spring.   

Visits still have to be pre-booked to keep numbers of visitors down to allow for social distancing.






Luckily for us, this morning's pre-booked visit to Lytes Cary Manor (NT) was a great success - the sun
was shining when we woke up. Armed with a flask of coffee and some lunch (no restaurants open yet),
we enjoyed a very quiet garden. The house itself will possibly be open later this month, and being midweek, it seems that few people bothered to come. 



But this is what we came to see, this small orchard, underplanted with a mix of blue camassias, yellow buttercups and cowslips. 
You have to be lucky to come at the right time to see them out together.
You just want go and sit among that lot! - Not allowed....






And little of the rest:

gunnera plants just starting to open,
they look so prehistoric.












It has been a good day....
May be little stitching now.....



©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2021

7 comments:

  1. What beautiful orchards! They actually look like paintings to me. They are really lovely and I can imagine how delightful it must be to sit with a flask of tea and just contemplate the beauty of nature. A fabulous tour thank you for sharing. Keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful! thank you for sharing with us

    ReplyDelete
  3. That all looks beautiful....so great to get out
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were very lucky with your choice of day! Lovely pictures, the gardens look gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can imagine sitting on a pretty quilt in that meadow of pretty flowers and enjoying a picnic of coffee and sandwiches. Such a pretty garden, and I rather love the building....gorgeous stain glass window. I must say, I wouldn't mind having that fabulous gate somewhere in my garden. Alas, I can but dream. How fun to get out and enjoy beautiful nature and sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed your lovely photos of your day out as always Radka. How enjoyable, the house looks very interesting too I also love the lovely gate, although I wouldn't want to have to paint it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a perfect day in a dream garden.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome and they brighten up my day :-)
Please be aware, that when you leave a comment, your IP address and other data (which may be name, e-mail, website etc) is stored by the website operator. You have the option to delete your comment at any time. If you use links, the forwarding of data is likely.


© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023