That's how it feels; after weeks of changeable weather and lots of drizzle, this week we have seen loads of sunshine, and it has been pleasantly warm, perfect "stitching & reading in the garden" weather.
And what is even more exiting that it is set to continue for a while longer - all set for a wonderful weekend (with a holiday Monday here in England). The forecast is telling us that this could continue well into September - could we be in for "Indian Summer"? I hope so, I am not ready for autumn just yet!
So, on that note I have been getting on with "Surrounded by Flowers", sitting in the sunshine.
This quilt has 2 borders, I am now working on the first one,
and its corner blocks with pentagon applique flowers.
Last week we took ourselves off, in the company of our grandchildren, down the road to
Glastonbury, for some alternative shopping.
Our 16 years old granddaughter, who is "into" crystals right now, was in her element, with several crystal shops in the town.
Also, as from next month she is starting 6th form education, which means that she "ditched" her school uniform, so she was very pleased to find shops with "little" different clothing than usually found on a high street.
For those of you not in "the know", Glastonbury is a town on the edge of Somerset Levels (in the West Country of England)
dominated by the Tor; it has a long history, and
Legends you might find interesting.
For not only is Glastonbury the cradle of Christianity in England but is also reputed to be the burial place of King Arthur. Glastonbury is thought to have been a site for pre-Christian worship, perhaps because of its location by the Tor, the highest of the hills surrounding Glastonbury and a superb natural viewpoint.
When I came to live in Somerset, I was told by the locals,
We come here now and then, just to window shop, it is so different from most other towns.
My favourite bit of the day - in the book shop window:
If you ever visit this part of the world,
Glastonbury is a must!
What a fabulous place Glastonbury is! I could've walked along the mural path for hours. The murals are incredible! Love the pink/purple building. Thank you for the links..... fascinating that legends of King Arthur swirl around there. I have always loved the tales surrounding King Arthur. As for your Surrounded By Flowers quilt, it is coming along beautifully. Love the grey floral fabric; it is perfect, adding loveliness to all the pretty elements. Indian Summers are always wonderful. Enjoy your warm balmy days, stitching your beautiful quilt.....oh, and reading many a good book.
ReplyDeleteSurrounded by Flowers is looking lovely - and nice to be able to sit out and sew. The weather has picked up here too and the afternoons are nudging 30 degrees - too warm to sew outside but not so hot that we need to lock ourselves indoors lol. Such a long time since I walked around Galstonbury - well before we came to live here although we did visit a friend there not so many years ago. I must say it is looking a lot smarter! xx
ReplyDeleteYour applique looks lovely and I always admire your perfect stitching. The tour in Glastonbury is interesting, so much to see.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your lovely comment, I am glad you enjoyed my trip :-)
Deletexx
Оh, thank you so much for sharing your lovely pics of Glastonbury, Radka! Interesting place.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy quilting in the sunshine!
You are welcome, I am pleased that you enjoyed my outing :-)
Deletexx
Your quilt looks lovely..
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the trip around Glastonbury with you.
Thanks for sharing...
Och, Radko přikrývka bude moc nádherná. Máš skvělé aplikace květin. Určitě jste si výlet do Glastonbury výborně užili. Je to moc zajímavé město. M.
ReplyDeleteDekuji, Marie. Konecne mame "odvahu" si nekam vyrazit, i kdyz jsme porad opatrni kde je hodne lidi. x
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you. Glastonbury is a must! I am so glad to hear they still have all those unique shops. I remember the last time I was there with my friends and there was so much to see. You could find some really unusual gifts there. The place is also steeped in ancient history! I would love to return. keep well Amanda x
ReplyDeleteRadko, zdravím. Náhodně jsem narazila na tento blog. Moc se mi líbí ta deka s obloučky a květy. Je taková veselá, jako namalovaná od Lady ! Patchwork mám ráda, občas ho šiju, mám to také na blogu. Kouknu se tady na blog trochu zpětně. Přeju hezké dny. Lenka
ReplyDeletewww.babilenka.cz
Dik za navstevu!
Delete