Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you can stay a while, so make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and browse through my blog pages. You can do this by either browsing up and down the pages as set out, or by subjects, listed under "my labels" in the left side bar.


Sunday, 19 September 2021

                                     .....................................in the woods.....

I was surprised that there weren't any more signs of autumn, 
we found only one young tree which has changed its frock already


                                                                              and little of this     
                                                                        


   and this,


but the rest of the forest is still very green, 
and now holidays are over, very quiet, we didn't meet another human.




...................designed by nature..................




and by a man



.........................and at home..................

making "summer" jam; I know, little late for "summer", but there are still summer fruits around.

My regular followers know that I like to make small batches of mixed fruit jams, 
depending on what fruit there is around.


Enough to make small amounts of  "summer in the jar".



.....................and at last hand quilting "Surrounded by Flowers"........


I changed the final border from the original design, because I wasn't very keen on it,
and because I like the blue/grey batik so much.


Thank you for visiting, you lovely people, 
and I hope you will have a wonderful week!


©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2021


10 comments:

  1. Autumn 🍂 is slowly coming . Such a gorgeous walk .
    Lovely fruit to make your jam….
    Nice hand sewing 🧵 you’re doing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a lovely walk in the forest. There is not much signs of autumn colours here yet either. Your mixed fruit jam looks very goood! Your sewing is beautiful as always! Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your walk in the forest....great photos! I definitely fancy some of that delicious jam on a scone. Lovely quilting too. Its great to make things your own by tweaking the original pattern sometimes x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning opening photo of raindrops and blossoms.
    I love your photos of the Autumn scenes, Autumn is my favouite season I must declare. Love the cooler temperatures and especially the colours. We are into Spring,"down under" I'm hoping the hot weather takes some time to arrive, then leaves early. :) Your Surrounded by flowers looks wonderful.
    Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Radko, pěkně jsi nafotila procházku lesem. My chodíme do lesa hledat houby, ale letos vůbec nerostou. Míchané marmeládky vypadají lahodně. Příští rok také vyzkouším. A tvoje krásné ruční aplikace mne stále udivují. Posílám pozdrav za moře a užívej si pěkné babí léto. Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is something I miss alot...going for a walk up the woods! So lovely and green and I used to walk for miles with my dog.Beautiful photos. OH! boy homemade jam it looks delicious! Your "Surrounded by flowers" quilt is looking really lovely. I envy you your talent! Keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Going for a walk in the forest ... supr nice. In October the colors of autumn start here with me. Your jam looks very good ... I would like to try it ... I love jam - homemade :-) Have fun quilting, you do a wonderful job.
    I wish you a nice Sunday. Many greetings Viola

    ReplyDelete
  8. Radka, I was so interested in seeing your forest and it looks familiar, like mine. Summer in a bottle is a beautiful name for such a tasty treat. I am in love with that stitching you are doing. Can't wait to see more. Thank you for your post today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful the woods would have been and how fabulous you could enjoy the beauty without any other humans being about. When those trees change into their autumnal frocks it will be a vision splendid. Oh, your quilt....I am in love. Yes, the grey batik is the perfect choice♡

    ReplyDelete
  10. Autumn takes her time in changing the leaves. The woods are so beautiful, as is your stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome and they brighten up my day :-)
Please be aware, that when you leave a comment, your IP address and other data (which may be name, e-mail, website etc) is stored by the website operator. You have the option to delete your comment at any time. If you use links, the forwarding of data is likely.


© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023