Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you can stay a while, so make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and browse through my blog pages. You can do this by either browsing up and down the pages as set out, or by subjects, listed under "my labels" in the left side bar.


Sunday, 9 July 2023

FNwF and into July


After very hot June, July is so much more pleasant. 
Cooler, with the occasional (very welcome) rain.
It is so much easier to look after the garden, it is flourishing now,
not just surviving.


Small lavender harvest from our front garden
(little earlier then usually, probably due to the hot June).





On Friday I joined others for FNwF, first time in a while.
Thank you Cheryll for getting us together again.

As I was watching tennis on TV, I didn't want to get involved in anything which needed too much concentration, 
so I decided to start working on my new crewel embroidery kit.


 Earlier in the week I got around (at last) to choosing fabric for the final border of 
the Butterfly's Ball quilt, and after trying various options, I settled on this pretty pink.
I have enough of this fabric for the backing as well, 
so that's sorted.


That's all for today; I leave you with the view from my kitchen door.




©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful garden photos. The only hand work I can do while watching TV is knitting or crocheting, I don't need to look at the work all the time like I would do with any sewing project. - The pink print looks good for the border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your garden is looking wonderful.... all that lavender is gorgeous.... love the start of your Crewel - one day I will learn it!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. The view from your kitchen door is gorgeous, Radka. Such beautiful geraniums. Your garden is indeed lush and blooming. Those hydrangeas are pretty. The stitching on your crewel embroidery is coming nicely and the pink fabric for the border of Butterfly Ball is a perfect choice. The weather there does sound rather divine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Your flowers are gorgeous. You really had a nice harvest of the lavender. Your embroidery is very pretty and I love the pink fabric you selected for the quilt's border.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnak you for your visit and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  5. So many pretty flowers around you, your lavender has been growing well too. Your crewel work looks wonderful and that is the perfect fabric for the quilt border.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely crop of lavender. Yes, good to have some rain about and the garden is growing very quickly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty fabric for your border and crewel work doesn't need much concentration!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks veldy good Radka, I see you sitting on the terrace and embroidering and the birds chirping... only beautiful things can really come of it.
    Lavender is so wonderful.
    Have fun with your fabrics and many happy greetings to you from Viola.

    ReplyDelete
  9. June and July has been very hot here...so many lovely pictures you show us!
    Love, Titti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flowers and garden areas are so beautiful! You must have a green thumb. I love how you alternated fabric on your hexie flower blocks. The quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The flowers are beautiful. Very nice craft work, it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hallo Radka!
    You have had the same summer that we had - very hot june and not so hot and rain in july. I liked the very hot weather. Lots of gests here, so no time for quilting, a little bit knitting in late evenings, but hope to use my sewing mashine soon.
    Your quilt is so nice, a fun project where you have used several techniques. i like it very much. the pink fabric will be nice as border and on the back.
    Have a good end of July!
    Love from Turid

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your new crewel embroidery kit is so beautiful. I love pears. You choose stitching that I love it seems.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome and they brighten up my day :-)
Please be aware, that when you leave a comment, your IP address and other data (which may be name, e-mail, website etc) is stored by the website operator. You have the option to delete your comment at any time. If you use links, the forwarding of data is likely.


© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023