I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Thursday, 22 September 2016

another season is here







September - autumn is really on its way, but we are enjoying mild and mostly dry days.

The garden is beginning to look tired, but there still is enough to pick for the house.  














Last week I made another batch of jam, and although it is September, I still called it "Summer Jam" - a mixture of strawberries, raspberries, apricots and plums.

This combination really works, it makes a delicious jam.










Another lot of "sunshine in the jar", to be enjoyed during grey winter days.

 

Last weekend's baking were biscuits, thin and crunchy - with dry cranberries, white chocolate chips and oats. 
They keep well in the jar.








DH and I went for a long walk in the woods; we did hope to find some mushroom, but this was the result of our foraging, rather a sad and miserable show. It has been very dry this summer. 

This is a managed forest and there has been a lot logging going on this summer; places, where we would very often find something, were disturbed; it will take some years to get back to normal.











But of course, we don't come here just for that, the walk itself is a pleasure and interesting.










Not much stitching going on, but I did finish another block (no 15) for Les Fleurs du Mardi,
 Quiltmania's BOM quilt.





©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2016

6 comments:

  1. The jam and cookies look delicious! Beautiful colorful block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have certainly been very busy in the kitchen, jam sounds yummy, I had a great crop of plums but just stewed them and had them with greek yogurt. Your walk was certainly very interesting with lots of iteresting things to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cooking looks amazing Radka. The jam will be a lovely reminder of summer over the cold months. Love love love your latest block. As usual, beautifully stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your biscuits look delicious! Great photographs and I love your colourful block. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That jam looks awesome!!! As a matter of fact everything looks delicious! Lovely block :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love your biscuit recipe, the took so good. We have moved house and the area is great for walks and mushroom gathering. My husband just came in with a very large field mushroom he spotted from the car. Were the mushrooms in the photo ceps or 'penny buns'?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017