I spent a big part of last week sorting my work room. I don't spend too much time here during the summer, just take things out and put them back again, (not always in the right place!) So, over time it just gets in a mess. On top of that, some weeks ago I moved my PC in here (without much planning), to make more room for DH's miniature model in the spare room (you can see what he is up to under "Miniatures" in "My Labels"). The result - my tiny sewing room was turning into a "cave" - definitive turnoff, I just can't get motivated when it is in such state.
So, urgent action was needed.
I "re-designed" the room, moved everything around, had a good sort out, and now
I like being in here again!
I had to take all the books down from the shelf units to be able to move them, so it was a good opportunity to sort them out and take some to a charity shop.
I am not sure what I would do without my fabric storage unit, I just find it so convenient.
DH made me a small desk for my PC, it is amazing what you can get in a such tiny space.
I know a laptop would be a better solution for a small space, but I do like the larger screen of PC (thing just get smaller as you get older, LOL). So this is where I "talk" to you.
The whole room actually looks much bigger now.
So, this week I resurrected one of my "older" projects - Quilter's Patch quilt by Edyta Sitar.
The last time you saw this one was last December, after I made a block no 9.
So this is where I am at the moment - 9 blocks finished,
and I am cutting fabrics for the next one.
All the blocks for this quilt are quite complicated, although it doesn't look like it.
They are all made out of many very small pieces, using various patchwork techniques.
May be that's why I got tired of it last year, and being tied to the machine.
But I am determined to stick with it - 10 more blocks to do!
©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2018
Radko, máš krásnou malou pracovnu. Už se těším na tvou kytičkovou deku. M.
ReplyDeleteJa take, ale to jeste bude chvilku trvat! :-)
Deletexx
Your room lloks great and your nine completed blocks are very pretty!
ReplyDeleteIt's astonishing how a good clean up can restart ones creativity. Good for you to reorganise your sewing room. It looks lovely and practical and I'm sure you'll love working in there again. I always loved the Quilter's Patch quilt but I must say that it's too complicated for me. I'm not a good piecer, I rather applique any day ;)!
ReplyDeleteI love your fabric storage system!
ReplyDeleteLooks wonderful! My sewing cave is currently in chaos and needs sorting! I love your ufo project x
ReplyDeleteAlways feels good to have a tidy up and clear out.
ReplyDeleteIts good to rearrange every now and again - reminds you of things you have forgotten too! The new desk looks great. I had forgotten about that Edyta Sitar pattern - it is all looking very fresh and beautiful. xx
ReplyDeleteDear Radka,
ReplyDeleteyou did a great Job, my sewing romms Need also a clean up, I run out of space -enjoy sewing -
Hanna