Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you can stay a while, so make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and browse through my blog pages. You can do this by either browsing up and down the pages as set out, or by subjects, listed under "my labels" in the left side bar.


Tuesday, 13 November 2018

weekend in the kitchen


The quince harvest and the last jam of the year.

I love the colour of the the fruit, and the lovely smell,
which filled the kitchen.
















Sadly, we had to make a decision to loose the quince tree, but that is a topic for another post.

I still have some quinces left in the fridge, to add to apple pies,
and every time I open the fridge door, the wonderful smell fills the kitchen again.




On Saturday I made some Parker House rolls to have for Sunday breakfast, and the rest for the freezer. 
I prefer to make them into twists, rather than the traditional shapes.



I really like these soft rolls, made from an enriched dough.



And now back to the sewing room!

©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2018

1 comment:

  1. Quince jam has such a pretty colour and those rolls looks delicious. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome and they brighten up my day :-)
Please be aware, that when you leave a comment, your IP address and other data (which may be name, e-mail, website etc) is stored by the website operator. You have the option to delete your comment at any time. If you use links, the forwarding of data is likely.


© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023