Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you can stay a while, so make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and browse through my blog pages. You can do this by either browsing up and down the pages as set out, or by subjects, listed under "my labels" in the left side bar.


Saturday, 24 July 2021

what a difference a day makes


After a busy night, all noise (lightning, thunderstorm), but no substance (very little rain), it is very much cooler here and a return to normal activities.
This is the start of my jam making time and I had some fruit sitting in the fridge, just waiting for things to cool down.
As you know I like to make small batches, experimenting with mixing various fruit together, depending on what is around - storing some sunshine in a jar for those colder months - strawberries, apricots and gooseberries today. 





I don't add any water, just mix the fruit with the sugar 
and let sit in the fridge until the fruit releases its own juices, before boiling (job for tomorrow).
Don't you just love all those colours together!





Before the hot spell I did make some progress on the Flower sampler, 
starting from the top section.
The background colour is much better than here, it doesn't come out very well in the picture.



This is dahlia Honka  - our last year's addition - quite a stunner.




©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2021

10 comments:

  1. Storing some sunshine in a jar, in a quilt, in a picture - like the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there will be time (when it will be very cold and miserable) when it will be very appreciated :-)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post-glad you are cooler now

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Honka dahlia is a fabulous flower. I love it's shape and form. Your jam sounds delicious and yes all those colours mixed together are a pretty sight. Your Flower Sampler is a joy! All the embroidered details are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your jam sounds delicious! Great work on your flowers and the dahlia is gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We haven't had any rain yet but we are enjoying the cooler temperature. Jam making is on my horizon and yours sounds delicious. I only make small quantities, but usually several varieties.. I love the flower sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your kind comments. Making jams is a fine job for summer days. I sometimes make jams, but never leave the fruit in the fridge. I will try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hetty, thank you for visiting my blog. The only reason I left the fruit in the fridge because it was too hot to be in the kitchen and I didn't want the fresh fruit to go off before I had a chance to make the jam.

      Delete
  8. Hallo Radka!
    I am sure your jam will be very good! Mmmm...
    The aplication work is so beautiful - you are so clever to do this. No sewing for me this summer. I have started on a jumper for my self in thin cotton, will take me several month to finish l think.
    I love the dahlia.
    Hope you will have some days with time for both jam-making and quilting!
    Love from Turid.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome and they brighten up my day :-)
Please be aware, that when you leave a comment, your IP address and other data (which may be name, e-mail, website etc) is stored by the website operator. You have the option to delete your comment at any time. If you use links, the forwarding of data is likely.


© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023