Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you can stay a while, so make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and browse through my blog pages. You can do this by either browsing up and down the pages as set out, or by subjects, listed under "my labels" in the left side bar.


Saturday, 28 January 2023

it is summer in my garden

or - I should say - in my imaginary garden! 
This fabric garden has been getting ready for the butterfly ball, flowers slowly growing .
It is a joy to play with these pretty fabrics in the middle of cold January.

Flowers added in the corners, 



                                                           and two more borders, a leaf one 


and the squares on the point border. I chose very plain fabric for the background here
because I love this Liberty fabric so much and the plain background shows it off so well.



               It is now ready for what I think is the main attraction of this quilt - the applique border. 


                                                      This will be the part I will enjoy most!
                                                     Four borders of pure joy of applique!

                                                     

                                                              ----------------


"Up comes the Sun, and the very long shadows grow shorter; his light is like amber; 
the glow, where grey mists have melted away from the meadows, starts dewdrops all sparkling like jewels below;
creatures that fly, or that creep, hop, or run, now awake all at once at a loud trumpet-call to tell them this greatest of days has begun - the day of the Feast and the Butterfly Ball!"




©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023

8 comments:

  1. You have been very busy with this beautiful project. I love the quotes from your book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are so lovely! The colors are so vibrant and colorful, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those corner flower blocks are perfect and yes, very summery! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is looking beautiful. Have fun with the applique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how beautiful it all is, Radka! All those little jewels of fabric are most certainly getting ready for the butterfly ball. I love that Liberty fabric. This pretty fabric makes an appearance in several of my quilts. Enjoy your applique....I know you will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One good thing about the grim weather is more time to sew! And you have been making the most of your time as this has grown beautifully. Looking forward to seeing the next stage - have fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that wonderfully colorful with you :-) I like it.
    What a great project... keep having fun Radka.
    ;-)
    It's wonderful... have fun with the appliqué border.
    A hug from Viola

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome and they brighten up my day :-)
Please be aware, that when you leave a comment, your IP address and other data (which may be name, e-mail, website etc) is stored by the website operator. You have the option to delete your comment at any time. If you use links, the forwarding of data is likely.


© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023