my slide show

pleasureinstitching's My Stitching album on Photobucket

I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Monday, 9 June 2014

computer "fun", little bit of fame and some pictures

What a week!

But first, I am sorry I haven't replied to those who commented on my last post, as I normally do. I am sure you will understand why, when you read today's post.

It was going to be so simple, just an upgrade on my virus software. The new version deletes the old one, before installing an upgrade. All well and good so far. Only, the new version could not be installed on my computer, but by now, the old one was deleted, which left my computer without a protection. On-line support tried to help, but I just could not get to the bottom of it. I spent days trying to figure out what went wrong, finally realizing, that in the process I deleted something I shouldn't had  (how is still a mystery). As anyone using computers knows, trying to work out things for yourself is very, very time consuming.
I made countless system restore ( very much trial and error here), determined to fix it this myself. 
Lets just make clear here that I am very good at pressing buttons, 
but with little technical know-how why I am doing it!
I got there in the end, my upgrade was installed and doing its job (I hope), hurrah! Only to find out that I could not log on to Google or my blog, which means not being to able to look up their Help page either.
I will not bore you any more, it is fixed now and I can chat with you again, 
but I feel I have lost a week of my life!



Little bit of fame?


Here I have to say "thank you" to Catherine from Knotted Cotton for letting me know, that my blog is listed in the latest issue of the British Patchwork and Quilting magazine, in their "wandering the web" page.



This is the second time of fleeting magazine fame, some three years ago my letter with the picture of my embroidered cushion was published in the Australian "Inspirations" magazine.


























 The latest issue of "Quilting for You" magazine arrived this weekend, and whose picture do I see in there?
No, not mine (that would be pushing my luck, LOL), but one of "our" Sue. Actually, it is quite a long article about Shipton Quilters. And I have enjoyed seeing some of the quilts from your own collection, Sue.


Needless to say that the whole week left me quite exhausted and a visit to Stourhead was so welcome!
This is a wonderful time of year to visit, probably the best for colour (although the autumn colour is not to be missed either).
After a week of rain, the garden was fresh and green... well just see the pictures.
I can share the pictures, but I can't share the mixed scent of demp woods, rhododendrons and azalea blossom.


















































I will pop in soon!


©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2014

8 comments:

margaret said...

your perseverance certainly paid of, good for you sorting out your computer problems. i am seriously thinking of a lap top, mi=y computer is gettiong very slow and a lap top wpuld be so much more sueful. Congrats on getting your blog into the magazine, I do not buy that one, just have popular patchwork on subs and then have a peep at others in Smiths and but if there is something that shouts buy me! I buy.Have stopped getting Classic Inspirations about 18 months ago, now need to find a home for someone who would appreciate the ones I have if I can bear to part with them.
Good to see more photos of Stourhead such a beautiful place unfortunately some of the photos have not come through but what did are lovely

margaret said...

your perseverance certainly paid of, good for you sorting out your computer problems. i am seriously thinking of a lap top, mi=y computer is gettiong very slow and a lap top wpuld be so much more sueful. Congrats on getting your blog into the magazine, I do not buy that one, just have popular patchwork on subs and then have a peep at others in Smiths and but if there is something that shouts buy me! I buy.Have stopped getting Classic Inspirations about 18 months ago, now need to find a home for someone who would appreciate the ones I have if I can bear to part with them.
Good to see more photos of Stourhead such a beautiful place unfortunately some of the photos have not come through but what did are lovely

Helen said...

Well done. Computers are here to help us lol........hmmmm.... Beautiful photos :)

Diane-crewe said...

beautiful pictures and colours xx I got in too ... same issue x ..isn't it fun to see your blog mentioned xx

Jen said...

Hi! Radka, A lovely surprise for you haveing your blog mentioned, Rightly so as it always enjoyable. Sourhead is always beautiful to see with the lovely photos of the gardens. I think you are very clever on the computer now.

Juliettecherry said...

Hi Radka, Oh! those computer glitches - how we dread them. Pleased to hear yours is OK now.

Very enjoyable to see your lovely photos of Stourhead. A treat for us to share them. It is such a lovely time of year.

Well done on having your blog mentioned, anyone who looks in will enjoy following it I feel sure. Always interesting to see what you are working on and the delightful places you find to visit.

Tiggy Rawling said...

Ah, the bits and bolts of technology. Good to hear you got there in the end. And, congrats on having your blog highlighted, and rightly so. Loved the pix of Stourhead - oh, to be in England!

katherine said...

What I think about technology can not be said in polite company lol. Glad you have it fixed now. Lovely pics as always and congratulations on being in print again. I have seen those Inspirations one's. Lucky me has the whole lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017