my slide show

pleasureinstitching's My Stitching album on Photobucket

I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Tuesday, 16 June 2015

green thread and strawberry jam








Good start to the week, the weather is behaving and even getting little warmer.
Last night I did a little stitching on the second block of Mrs Beasley's  Sampler Quilt, but did not have enough green thread to finish all the green on this piece. 
This morning I popped into my local shop to get some more, but they are also out of this particular shade; they will get it for me later in the week.










While I was out I bought some summer fruit and made some jam.













English strawberries 



and Spanish apricots



only about 1kg in total



has given me 3 jars of delicious jam.














It was a beautiful afternoon in my part of the world, ideal for stitching outside.

Little more work on the same piece - applique flower,






















©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2015

7 comments:

Ajka said...

Krásná práce, jsi pilná hospodyňka:-)
Ajka

margaret said...

apricot and strawberry jam sounds delicious. Good to read you have ben able to stitch in the garden, here it is drizzling

Yvonne W said...

Nothing like home made jam! Yummy.

ivana said...

Apricot and strawberry? It must be wonderfull. Ivana :-)

Anneliese said...

I like your stitching, Radka, and what do you think, I made strawberry sauce today (to freeze for a future dessert) - our neighbours offered them to us when we went over the street with cherries of our tree. All regional fruit!

Lin said...

Another gorgeous header picture. Pretty stitching and your jam looks delicious. We have a bumper crop of raspberries so I have made a batch of jam and so far the rest are in the freezer. I think more jam may be ahead though. xx

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a beautiful blog post with lovely stitching and delicious strawberry jam. You new header is a lovely welcome to your blog too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017