I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 19 July 2015

just a glimpse of the garden








It has been quite typical English summer week; we had both sun and rain, temperatures quite pleasant, 20 - 24°C. We had quite a bit of rain earlier in the week, welcomed for the garden, but it also did some damage to the flowers.
























It was very good for the mini cucumbers I planted in my small herb patch,




but what happened here?  



I found 13 of these little fellows on this one pelargonium having a feast.

 

But the rest of the garden is doing fine, the rain has done it good.





















in the front garden the new lavender hedge is doing great




but the rain destroyed some of the rose blossoms



lots of colour in the porch; it can get very hot in here




lots of colour inside too



and hoya seems to be very happy in the kitchen





have a good week stitching!




©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2015

14 comments:

  1. oh how cute are the mini cucumbers !! Caterpillar I had in my garden, they only ate the kapuzienerkresse, anything they did not want. Thank God. Beautifully your summer flowers are in the garden and in the house. the last few days it was here very hot 30 degrees and more. not my cup of tea. Dear Radka enjoy your beautiful garden. Greetings from Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. your garden is looking beautiful, hydrangea is so lovely mine are still in bud. Like you my roses have suffered with the rain and we get a lot of wind too that does lots of damage. Re the caterpillars they have been having a great feast here too but have yet to find any, only the damage they do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful garden, Radka. Enjoy it and thanks for showing -
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what a beautiful garden you have Radka and such fabulous photos. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lovely garden! I haven't seen many of those flowers here in Finland. Pink and purple ones are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Radka.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely garden and home with us. It is amazing to see,how everything grow at your palce. So many beautiful flowers. The hoya reminded me of the past. I once had this beautiful flower too. Seeing your Photos makes me want to try to find one Again.
    Wish you a great week too :-).
    Greetings from Denmark,
    Anne-Mette

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous garden-- you must be very proud of your efforts. Those pesky caterpillars are a bane of our lives aren't they?-- yet we admire the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful Radka - what beautiful plants you have. Thank you for showing us. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Radka, you have such a beautiful garden. You must be very proud of it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a gorgeous garden, Radka!!! Thank you so much for sharing, and warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful garden! The weather must have been perfect this year to get such lovely blooms and I suspect quite a lot of "elbow grease" as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Radka,
    your garden is beautiful!
    I love these flowers and colours so much.
    Have a nice sunday!
    Greetings from Germany
    Marle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017