I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Friday, 10 July 2015

Wolf Hall at Barrington Court







A perfect summer day for visiting Barrington Court in Somerset (NT property).
The house is empty of any furniture and so it is ideal for staging various exhibitions and Christmas Fair.
Currently you can find few costumes on show here, from BBC historical drama Wolf Hall, some of it which was filmed at Barrington Court.

Yes, you have been here with me on my previous visits; this is probably my favourite of all NT properties in the area.















































and few more pictures from the house and the gardens (originally designed with the help of  Getrude Jekyll )











a quick stop in the Barrington Patchwork shop for some threads and couple of fat qtrs,



buy few new plants for the garden in the NT shop




and finish with some refreshments on the terrace - perfect day out 




©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2015

6 comments:

Vera Holmgren said...

Thanks for sharing all these lovely pictures! Holychocks are one of my favorites.

Yvonne W said...

What a lovely garden-- I think the NT homes are just beautiful-- we joined the NT and saw a few of them when we were in the UK in 2013.

Catherine said...

I've visited Barrington Court on a couple of occasions but never knew it had a patchwork shop. That is a reason to visit again! Great photos of the costumes and gardens. It sounds like you had a great day out.

Dianne said...

Beautiful place and amazing costumes!!

Die Nähmeise said...

Magnificent impressions of Barrington Court, very much i went along !
Thank you for your compliment to my image. it was not easy to photograph the bee, they are so fast. I still have to practice a lot. Dear Radka, I wish you nice summer days !!!

Anneliese said...

Fantastic and gorgeous costumes - how fashion changed in our days when women can wear whatever, short as anything, showing off how much they like. And how much fabric those had to buy in former times. But I know these are costumes of the rich...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017