I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 7 August 2016

and it is August;








after a very brief mini heat wave a couple of weeks ago, 

the weather has settled to what they call "normal for the time of year", mostly quite pleasant. 




Which means some quality stitching time in the garden.












This week I made another (no 13) block for Quiltmania BOM quilt,



and finished sections 7 & 8 (out of 18) of Bohemian Rhapsody wrap.
For those new to my blog, this is a crochet design by Mary Lena Lynx, for Renaissance Dyeing, using their Merino Lace yarn in 75 shades and no 3mm crochet hook - yes, a long job.





The garden is looking great now, with sunshine and the odd rain, it has managed to catch up.









Even the figs are growing.



This is where DH and I are spending lots of our time.





When it was too warm for stitching, I was doing some reading, and the one book I really would like to recommend, is this one, All The Light We Cannot See, by Anthony Doerr.

It is a beautiful story, so well written, I just could not put it down.
Shane wrote about it on her blog earlier this year; thank you Shane, for the tip.

The author is new to me, but I like his style of writing, and 
found a couple more secondhand books by him.
I look forward to reading them.




Do you remember our new garden acquisition earlir this year, a selection of violas?
They have come on beautifully, quite a show.
They are so pretty and some of them have a lovely scent too.









Have a wonderful week!




©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2016

7 comments:

Julimond said...

Dear Radka
What a wonderful place to spend time. Your garden is so colourful and i would love to visit you, to spend time with you ;-).
Your Granny Squares are very nice. I like crochet, but i send my grannies to a Guiness World Record Organisation for the biggest Granny Blanket ;-))

I don't know the quiltmania sampler, i will have a look tomorrow.

Have a wonderful week with a lot of sun for gardening.

Iris


Helen said...

Beautiful photos of the garden. Love you Bohemian Rhapsody wrap Radka :)

JaneGardner said...

Dear Radka
What a wonderful garden you can enjoy ! No deer and slugs that eat up the greenery , must be heaven !
Big hug Vivianne

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Radka, to je radosť pozerať na tvoju záhradu, vyzerá ako vystrihnutí zo žurnálu! Nádhera, to sa ti tam ani moc šiť nedá, musíš stále poškuľovať po kvietkoch :-)
Prajem ti, aby si si ju ešte dlho užívala, nech slniečko svieti čo najdlhšie!

Lin said...

Your garden looks SUPERB! An oasis I am sure. Lovely work on the crochet. xx

Vera Holmgren said...

What a lovely garden and all those flowers!

Florence Bahin said...

Your garden is beautiful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017