Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you can stay a while, so make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and browse through my blog pages. You can do this by either browsing up and down the pages as set out, or by subjects, listed under "my labels" in the left side bar.


Sunday, 23 December 2018

it is nearly time






Christmas is nearly here, 
and I am sure you all have been very busy too. 
Not very seasonal in our part of the world, quite mild and wet, 
yes, it is very English Christmas.















This week I managed to put together all the blocks for Little Patchwork Village wall quilt, 
and started to stitch the block together. 

















But now I am putting it away for a while - I will be far too busy for sewing for the next few days!

Last minute baking today,
"Vanilletorte".



I have been making this cake since 1980, when I found the recipe in that year's December issue of Burda Moden magazine!
(Admittedly, I don't make it every year!) 




The house is taking on Christmas look,

 

my latest quilt is on the wall,


and Christmas tablecloth is out for its annual outing.


We keep Continental Christmas at our house, Christmas Eve is still "Christmas" for me, when our children and grandchildren come to our house for a special meal and we exchange presents.
It means that I will be busy in the kitchen tomorrow, so I shall wish you now

VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS!




©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2018

9 comments:

  1. Lovely post Racks. Merry Christmas to you and your family xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stupid auto correct....Should say Radka xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Milá Radko,
    šťastné a veselé Vánoce, bohatého Ježíška, hodně zdraví, lásky a úspěchů při šití v novém roce přeje Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas toyou as well Radka. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another cute quilt and our latest quilt looks lovely on the wall. That Vanilletorte looks tempting. Yum! Merry Christmas dear Radka. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cake looks great Radka. Have a wonderful Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you a Merry Christmas.
    Hopefully with little stress, nice gifts, love people around you and of course with a good meal :0)
    Good slide and a healthy and new year on top of that :0)...see you soon.

    Best regards from Germany,
    Klaudia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great Christmas, your quilts and stitching look lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious looking cake. My mother used to sew most of our clothes with patterns from Burda Moden!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome and they brighten up my day :-)
Please be aware, that when you leave a comment, your IP address and other data (which may be name, e-mail, website etc) is stored by the website operator. You have the option to delete your comment at any time. If you use links, the forwarding of data is likely.


© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023