Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you can stay a while, so make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and browse through my blog pages. You can do this by either browsing up and down the pages as set out, or by subjects, listed under "my labels" in the left side bar.


Wednesday, 5 December 2018

my version of the Scandinavian Rose quilt


is all finished!
I managed to take a picture outside this morning, before the rain came.


I loved this design by Rosalie Quinlan the first time I saw it,
but it was a very long time in making. 
Looking back through my blog, I can see that I started the first embroidery in February 2013!
I added an extra border, machine quilted inside the blocks and hand quilted the rest, and embellished with few buttons.































©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2018

16 comments:

  1. Radka, it's absolutely stunning! Love your embroideries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Radka - very Scandi! I love your quilting which brings it all to life. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It´s so wonderful and very much Dalarna for me.You have done a great job and I think you are very satisfied.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose deka je krásná. Určitě to dalo hodně práce. Přeji klidný adventní čas. M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It`s so wonderful work...I love it.

    LG Klaudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very good variation! I love it! Beuatiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, it is beautiful. Stunning work Radka.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous Rosie quilt. You have done a beautiful job Radka x

    ReplyDelete
  9. An incredible piece of artistry, it is stunning, absolutely beautiful. Well done on all the very neat stitching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous! I have always loved this design too but I'm not very good at embroidery. What a stunning tribute to Rosalie Quinlan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Radka, that is absolutely beautiful, the time taken is irrelevant, its the pleasure you had in stitching it that's important. Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous Radka. Well done. Is it for you? Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Beverley, unfortunately I am not able to answer you directly, because you are "no-reply comment" blogger, which means that I can't reply to you by email, so I hope you can read this.
      Yes, the Scandinavian Rose is for me, and it is already hanging on our dinning room wall!
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. Beautiful finish! Did you machine quilt it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks beautiful Radka congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome and they brighten up my day :-)
Please be aware, that when you leave a comment, your IP address and other data (which may be name, e-mail, website etc) is stored by the website operator. You have the option to delete your comment at any time. If you use links, the forwarding of data is likely.


© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023