Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you can stay a while, so make yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and browse through my blog pages. You can do this by either browsing up and down the pages as set out, or by subjects, listed under "my labels" in the left side bar.


Sunday, 9 August 2020

FNwF and another month

This year is moving along in an alarming rate; one day we might think of this year as a lost one - or possibly not, depending on how many quilts, socks, jumpers or other projects we have made during this time.
Friday night was that time again - to virtually meet up with others at Cheryll's, who very kindly lends us her blog for monthly "hang outs".
What was I doing? After a rather wet mid week, the sun came out and it got very hot again. The result was that Friday evening turned out to be very pleasantly warm and so we stayed outside longer than normally and while the light permitted, I worked on the last applique part of the Manor House quilt, nearly finishing it, I just stitched the last leaf on yesterday morning.


The next step will be two borders, but those will have to be done inside, as the sewing machine will be engaged - not my favourite pass time at this time of year, I prefer to be outside.



With some rain and sun, our little garden it looking rather lush; this has been our oasis since spring.



















Last weekend our family got together in our daughter's garden, to celebrate all those birthdays missed during the lock down - 4 of them, including mine. We all chipped in with food; I made a summer cake, which I first made last summer; made with almonds and honey instead of sugar. I have come to a conclusive that apricots work much nicer here than nectarines.  






Once cut, it went rather quickly, before I had time to take a picture of a slice.

I am off outside again, to make few more 2 in hexies!

I hope this post will come out OK, I am trying to get in to grips with the Blogger version 😕




©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2020

9 comments:

  1. Your applique panel is looking beautiful and your garden too. Thanks for sharing photos with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I scrolled back and saw how your Manor House quilt is looking - it's beautiful. Well done on getting to the last leaf! Our weather is very changeable too, stitching outside sounds lovely - a great way to enjoy your gorgeous garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Manor House is going to be lovely....great applique block. What a vision your garden is. No wonder you love being out there. Belated happy birthday to you and your famiky members. That cake does look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeíng the photos of your garden it is no wonder you love to spend time there instead of by the sewing machine. I think the best thank you for a baker is to see the cake vanish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hej Radka
    The MH quilt is beautiful. Your garden looks wonderful. That was a delicious cake for celebrating birthdays.
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of leaves on that panel Radka - looks great. The cake looks delicious! Very hot here too - cant wait for it to cool down so that we can get back outside and enjoy what we have. Lovely to have a family party. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your "tree" is lovely and so are your other flowers...
    I hope you saved me some of that delicious looking cake too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Radka! I love everything in this post! So glad to have finally found my way over here. I really don’t like the new blogger either and so am hanging on to the old version until the very last moment. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely appliqued block ..
    Beautiful garden and the cake and fruit look yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome and they brighten up my day :-)
Please be aware, that when you leave a comment, your IP address and other data (which may be name, e-mail, website etc) is stored by the website operator. You have the option to delete your comment at any time. If you use links, the forwarding of data is likely.


© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2023