I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Tuesday, 2 August 2011

start of red quilt


So you would not think I have completely forgotten what this blog is about, I can at least show you the start of my new quilt, I am calling it the "red quilt", because the idea for it came from the piece of a red vintage fabric I bough at TT fair in May.



Considering that it was damaged and stained in quite a few places, I managed to cut a few good squares.
I have finished the centre of the quilt and now I have to think about the border. Although I had a rough idea how I would like the quilt to look, it has been a case of making it up as I go along, seeing how the fabrics work together.


I can't wait to get to the to the quilting part, as my plan is to hand quilt it, while enjoying being in our garden, now the summer has arrived. Of course, that it is presuming the weather will last!

10 comments:

Frances Leate said...

Radka you are off to a good start with the red quilt - the fabric will always dictate the design and I am a great believer in letting the quilt talk to you. Take care

Mona said...

Beautiful quilt! And the place in your garden is absolutely wonderful. Look forward to see your quilt finiched. Hugs from Norway.

Joy V said...

Beautiful fabric Radka - look forward to seeing the finished quilt.

Linda said...

Making it up as you go along.......definitely the way to go in my opinion. As Frances has said, the fabric will talk to you. Looks like it has been saying all the right things too I might add...LOL.. That area in your garden looks so cool and inviting. Happy stitching when you get a chance.

jen said...

Hello Radka,The 9 patch blocks blend lovely with the rich red fabric of your quilt.I wish our summer would arrive as I have the worst cold ever and would love to be able to go into the garden to sew.

LuAnn said...

I would love to sit and stitch in your garden but first I would have to wander and spend time looking at all of the beautiful flowers and plants. What a gorgeous place!

Juliettecherry said...

That shady nook looks very inviting for a hot day. To sit there and hand quilt will be so restful. I don't like to quilt any other way, the colours are very cheerful.

Barbara said...

What an amazing place with the lovely (and perhaps fragrant?) rose in front of the seat for your sewing. I am curious to see the whole finished red quilt and I am sure it will be beautiful as everything you are sewing.
Wishing you warm and sunny weather (this we actually miss...it's almost like autumn already!)
Barbara

Annemariesquilt said...

Hi Radka..
Your Nine Patch quilt looks so wonderful and I love the colours you have choosen ;-))

Katherine said...

Love the colours in your quilt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017