I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Tuesday, 24 January 2012

two in one day

Last year I was fortunate to "meet" Gudrun, who has a lovely blog, and we have been keeping in touch.

In a picture in one of her recent blog post I saw a fabric I liked very much. I need to make some new cushions for our sofas and I though this fabric would do very well.
Gudrun was very kind and emailed me a close up of the border with the name of the design, "Jolie Jardin."
I could not find it on any of the UK sites, eventually I tracked it down on ebay, from Sew-Creative-Fabric, for a very reasonable price. My fabric parcel arrived today. I like it as much as I did when I saw it in Gudrun's picture.

But that wasn't the only parcel I received today.
The second parcel came from Sweden, a surprise from Gudrun! A beautiful, beautiful present, using the same fabric.


THANK YOU, GUDRUN!
I LOVE IT!


14 comments:

Katherine said...

Such beautiful fabric and a wonderful surprise too.

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

I absolutely love that fabric. How nice of Gudrun to make you the pretty bags. What a sweetheart!

Diane-crewe said...

OK! Its time to go and buy a lotery ticket xx

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

I can see why you wanted it - beautiful.
What a sweetie Gudrun is - bloggers are truly lovely people!!
Shane
x

Cyndi said...

Ooooh, I can see why you love that fabric, Radka...it's gorgeous! And how thoughtful and sweet of Gudrun to send you such a lovely gift. Someone recently said to me that my "blog friends weren't really friends because I didn't really know them" - well, I so disagree! I think all of us bloggers have made some very special friends all over the world, and I'm sure that you agree! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

Juliettecherry said...

What a gorgeous colour that fabric is. I'm sure you will enjoy your cushions and they will look so bright and cheerful. Thoughtful friend to make something for you in a fabric she knows you will love.

Anneliese said...

You are so very lucky - not only the piece of fabric is wonderful but the purses are beautiful and loveable.

Linda said...

I can see why you love this fabric - it looks glorious!! Thank you for the link, and also for sharing the lovely handmade gifts sent by Gudrun. I know you are one who will appreciate the time and love that such things mean. Cheers.

Ela said...

Very nice this fabric!
And surprise is wonderful!

...tiktakro... said...

I think I'm gonna ask Gudrun something about that fabric , too ;) LOL...her present is wonderful worked and so-so beautiful . You are a happy girl, Radka! I'm anxious to see those future pillows, must be gorgeous.

Francesca said...

Wow, that fabric is lovely, and so is your blog. I cannot stitch, knit or sew, just not talented with my hands. I am following you immidiately, perhaps I can learn something from you. Greetings from Rome! I am actually Sicilian and live in Trapani, Sicily.

Nuestras meriendas y manualidades said...

PRECIOSO
besos Mayte

Nähmeise said...

Colors and design - a dream-material!
And a very nice gift from Gudrun!

l'alternativa said...

Che meraviglia Radka!!!!!! E' bellissima questa stoffa e il regalo di Gudrun è favoloso, è stata proprio bravissima
Un grosso bacio
Emi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017