I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Sunday, 19 February 2012

Radstock 2012

On Friday I came out of my winter hibernation to visit "Patchwork and Quilting" at Radstock Museum.
This is the third major exhibition arranged by Midsomer Quilting and hosted by Radstock Museum. If you click on the link, you can view the virtual gallery from the exhibition. There are over 200 quilts on show,  quote: "although you will find here only quilts that have bee made or lent by MQ's customers, some from as far away as California, the vast majority have been made by quilters who live within twenty miles of the museum".
The Radstock Museum itself is well worth a visit. It covers the "social and industrial heritage of the communities of the Somerset Coalfield". Also a good place to leave someone not interested in quilts.


As I said above, you can visit the virtual gallery on the MQ website, I just would like to show you some of the quilts I liked or found interesting.
The exhibiton is open until 31st May'12, plenty of time to visit.

























I finish this post by another quote from the exhibition guide:

"Last year a study carried out at Glasgow University concluded that quilting, more than any other craft or a pastime, was hugely beneficial to health and well-being (but we knew that, anyway)."

Happy stitching!

11 comments:

Frances Leate said...

Wonderful Radka, this exhibition would certainly have taken me out of hibernation. Take care.

Gudrun said...

Yes, we know!( apropos health).I really can understand that you had a lovely time looking at the exhibition. Many wonderful quilts and a lot of inspiration.
Thanks and hugs.
Gudrun

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Wonderful display of very creative quilts. Thanks for sharing. Hugs Judy

...tiktakro... said...

Oh, how I would love to see it..too far away , unfortunately...
Thanks for the link and for the pictures, they are like "comfort food" in this depressing period of year .
Hugs...

Diane-crewe said...

It looks like a wonderful exhibition xx thanks for sharing with us x

Annemariesquilt said...

Thank you so much for sharing Radka..
I thought Radstock had something to do with you name as in Woodstock but I guess not ;-))
Lovely quiltshow and yes quilting is a health thing for me ..

Katherine said...

Love the findings from Glasgow University. But I think it should be expanded to take in all aspects of sewing, embroidery and knitting LOL. The exhibition looks wonderful and there are so many different styles of quilts on display too. I prefer the more classic ones over the modern but the workmanship in all of them is truly inspiring.

Linda said...

I always enjoy 'your' quilt exhibition visits Radka, so many lovely pieces to savour, thank you so much. It's very hard to pick a 'favourite', but some of the 'tree' ones really take my eye. I am pleased you got to go to the exhibition, and the weather is a little more pleasant. Take care.

Nähmeise said...

dear Radka,
Thank you for the wonderful pictures of the quilt exhibition, very inspiring !!

Vlaďka said...

Radko, to je krása! Patchwork a zejména quilt velmi obdivuji, ale netroufám si do něčeho takového se pustit. Je to pro mě vysoká škola textilního umění. Rozhodně je ale inspirující vidět tolik nádherných nápadů.
Jsem trošku překvapená, že za českým jměnem nacházím blog v angličtině, ale takový už je internet. Musím si najít čas k pročtení vašich stránce a těším se na to, stejně tak na všechny ty krásné ruční práce, co se mi zjevují dole v prezentaci. Hezký den!

Barbara said...

Wow, so many beautiful quilts and so inspiring! Indeed a very interesting exhibition! Thank you for sharing!
Have a good time!
Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017