my slide show

pleasureinstitching's My Stitching album on Photobucket

I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Tuesday, 22 July 2014

slow blogging and Mrs Beasley



Our beautiful summer just goes on and on, and getting hotter, as if the nature was making up for the horrid wet winter we had.

I am spending little time in the house, well as little as I can get away with and there definitely is no housework (what housework?) happening in our house. 

The replacement lavenders have arrived, all 20 of them and they are the right kind this time.






























Our new garden is full of colour now and the seating are is large enough for family get together.











I waited for issue 11 of Vignette magazine, with part 2 of Mrs Beasley's Sampler Quilt, to make a start, and I am now working on both blocks at the same time.





















I come in just to machine stitch what I need and get my hand stitching ready, and out I go again. It is a wonderful "stitching in the garden" time.










The Chicken quilt is all ready for hand quilting, but that will have to wait for cooler weather.

























I hope you too are having a wonderful time.
Thank you for stopping by.



©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2014

11 comments:

Christine Feldstein said...

How lucky! there is nothing more beautiful than an English garden. Here in Greece the summer is too hot and all the beautiful spring flowers are faded! Everything got dry!Your blocks look very sweet and the chicken quilt gorgeous!

Hanna said...

Dear Radka,
What a beautiful garden, enjoy your summer there, thank you for the nice Pictures -
Hanna

margaret said...

amazed at hoe established your garden is in such a short time, delightful. The vignette magazine is a new one to me, not seen it on Smith`s shelves but looks worth searching for.

Juliettecherry said...

Your garden has come together quite quickly and with lots of work I feel sure. But now how welcoming it looks.

Enjoy these lovely warm days outside (a bit too warm for me...but trying not to complain).

The new quilting blocks look very colourful, looking forward to seeing the chicken one when quilted.

katherine said...

That looks like a lovely new quilt to stitch away on over summer. Love the garden photos and yes that is a much nicer lavender too

katherine said...

That looks like a lovely new quilt to stitch away on over summer. Love the garden photos and yes that is a much nicer lavender too

Dianne said...

Your garden is going to be blooming beautiful, Radka. Glad you are having some lovely warm weather to enjoy your new garden.


Beverley said...

Dear Radka, Where do you get the magazine from please? It looks lovely. Bev.

Beverley said...

Dear Radka, Where do you get the magazine from please? It looks lovely. Bev.

shirley said...

Lavenders are one of my favourite plants for the garden. But I do adore that gorgeous fuschia. You have achieved so much and must get so much pleasure from your beautiful garden.

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Hello Radka

It's so long since I've popped in to see you... well I have tried but for some reason Bloglovin wouldn't let me in, so I've created a new password and I'm away again!!!

Your garden are is looking wonderful - I love your choice of plants and I'm sure it is giving you great pleasure!
Yes I know you are having a great summer in the UK as one of my Mahjong friends spent 9 weeks over there visiting her daughter!

Loved the sweet bunny you made for your special little one, she/he will love it to bits!

I have to tell you at long last I'm having quilting classes and doing English Paper Piecing.I'm working on a little hexi bag - a Brigitte Giblin pattern! I've got the bug now so things will be changing slightly on my blog as I progress - with more stitching posts, but baby steps at this stage.
I've subscribed to Quiltmania and I can tell you the pages are getting worn out.. ha ha.

Shane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017