I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Tuesday, 16 December 2014

how many sleeps to Christmas?

It is the same every year - I think I have loads of time and suddenly it is just a few days.

While I have been waiting for the fabric for new curtains to arrive (due in tomorrow), I have been working on 3 projects, not exactly at the same time, but close.







The central panel and inner borders of St Germain quilt are now ready to be stitched together. But this is when I realised  that I have trimmed the central block too much and now it is 1/4 in short on all 4 sides.To adjust the borders is not an option here, so there will be only one thing for it - adding another very thin border around the central panel. Actually, it might look quite nice.
But this might have to wait until after Christmas.












I am concentrating on the Winter House wall hanging, I really hope to finish it for Christmas.
I am working on the borders now.






I am also hand quilting Four Seasons Chicken quilt and this just sits next to the sofa for whenever the time allows.
No rush with this one.





I wish you all a calm week ahead!




©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2014


7 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

it is SOOO frustrating when that happens .. a little strip will set off the centre xx

Janet said...

Your St Germain looks marvellous so far. I love that pattern! I think adding a thin inner border will work out just fine. It will be a very beautiful quilt!

Jane in Wales said...

Oh, no! That is the sort of thing I do - so frustrating! But you are right, a tiny border might look quite nice. It looks lovely anyway!

Hanna said...

Dear Radka,
Things happen, but a small border will make some extra charm on this quilt I think. I am the same with having Christmas in mind, when it seems far away it will be here tomorrow -
have a nice time
Hanna

margaret said...

3 good projects on the go here, I too think a small brorer will look good. The four seasons chicken quilt looks interesting what a tease only sharing a little of it,

shirley said...

Like everyone else i can see the thin border would really define the centre panel.
Love the chicken quilt. You are always so busy and productive radka.

Katherine said...

I think a little strip will look really good. Cant wait to see it together. Love the houses and hearts blocks too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017