my slide show

pleasureinstitching's My Stitching album on Photobucket

I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Wednesday, 24 December 2014

winter house

Firstly, I wish you all, my blogging friends, a very Merry Christmas!



I hope you are having a wonderful time and Christmas you have wished for.





It has been hectic, right up to the last minute. The fabric for my new curtains arrived just a few days before, and so I spent the weekend making them (with a couple of near misses, which happen when you rush things). But they are up and looking wonderful.






So is my new wall hanging, The Winter House.
(Pattern by Cowslip )








Although hanging up, it is not actually finished; only partly quilted so far, and yes, I know, you don't sew the binding on until you finish quilting. Also the grey blocks in the border - they should had been nine patch, but again, not enough time. I really wanted the wall hanging for my new dining area.


















Despite all of that, it looks great. Buttons from Barbara Smith compliment the whole picture.








Enjoy the rest of the holiday season; I will come to see you soon!







©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co uk 2014

10 comments:

Dianne said...

Wishing you a Merry Christmas too Radka and happy holidays. Your winter house quilt is lovely. Best wishes. Dianne

margaret said...

wishing you a happy time too, the wall hanging is lovely

Hanna said...

Dear Radka,
The wall hanging looks perfect, you will finish it as you like when there is much time for it. Have a wonderful Christmas day and greetings from Austria
Hanna

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Radka. Lovely wall-hanging. I really like the loosely-drawn trees that make a nice contrast to the house and blocks. Fun buttons, too! Wishing you a Happy Holiday Season as well.
best, nadia

Ajka said...

Krásné!!
Ajka

Ella said...

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Anneliese said...

Your winterhouse is beautiful, Radka, the buttons so charming and I am sure you are happy with your new curtains - that they are finally hanging.
Still a happy second Christmas day to you and my best wishes for a good and healthy new year.

shirley said...

Your wallhanging is lovely your home must look wonderful adorned by all your christmas work.
A merry xmas to you and your family radka

Helen said...

Merry Christmas Radka , lovely wall hanging xx

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

Dear Radka.
A Little late ... but a Merry Christmas from me to you. I hope, you a some wonderful days. Yuor wallhanging is lovely anbd makes me want to sew a Little again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017