I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Monday, 19 December 2016

Anna's wall hanging

My granddaughter (age 11) has been working on a present for her other grandmother (with a little help from this one). 
She designed it herself and we shopped together for the fabrics.

And this is it!
(It is actually more straight then it looks on the picture.) 



It has a little pocket for those small treasures.



The background fabric for Les Fleurs du Mardi quilt has now arrived and I have started to plan the layout of the blocks. 
Quiltmania has used a dark fabric for their quilt, which I think is a very good idea. There are so many colours in my blocks; it would be difficult to find the right one.
I think this fabric is the right solution.


And a little cheer at the local garden centre - they really do move, play and sing 😉


Take it easy this week!

©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2016 

6 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

What a wonderful gift your grand daughter made with your help. I'm sure the other grand mother will appreciate it. I like the dark sashing too, it makes the blocks sparkle.

Lin said...

What a lovely gift your granddaughter has made - very special. Great fabric choice for your sashing - the blocks are looking lovely all together like that. xx

margaret said...

what a talented granddaughter you have there lets hope she continues to stitch as she grows up.I would not be surprised that her granny sheds a tear when she opens her present!
the fabric is spot on for your quilt.
have a lovely Christmas

Helen said...

Lovely gift made by your granddaughter, love your fabric choice :)

Die NĂ€hmeise said...

Your granddaughter is very talented ! What a great and lovely gift she made !
Have a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year , Carmen

Brigitte said...

Hat's a wonderful gift your granddaughter made for her other grandma. She seems to have inherited your talent.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017