I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Saturday, 28 July 2012

building houses in the garden

Firstly I thank you for all your comments on my last two post. I am sorry for not answering them individually as I usually do.
As the summer arrived in England last weekend and the temperatures shot up to just below 30C, I came down with some flu like virus, which seems to be doing rounds in our part of the world.
So while it was hot outside, I was shivering inside and all I wanted to do for the first couple of days is just sleep. By mid week I was able to move myself into a shady part of the garden and stitch a little and I started building first house for block 1 of Yoko Saito's Mystery Quilt.




At last the garden is looking as it should in the summer.











More progress on the houses. I have just noticed the wonky chimney, will have to rebuild it!


There is a very good set of instruction videos on YouTube by Quiltmania magazine for each of the blocks of Yoko Saito's quilt. Although in French, they seem to be easy to follow.





I am on the mend now, although still feeling very tired, and going to DH's aunt's funeral yesterday probably did not help the recovery. I hope for a quiet Sunday, so I am well enough to get back to my routine on Monday.

I wish you all a good week ahead!

16 comments:

  1. It's certainly no fun being sick, but I'm glad you are feeling better. At least it's not raining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jour garden is beautiful. And your mystery quilt lille great! Hugs from Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you have been unwell. I wish you a speedy recovery. Your garden is looking lovely and very inviting on the lovely summer days we have had this last week.

    The bright check fabric looks so nice on the houses of your new project. Looking forward to seeing it's progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear such bad news. Hope you feel better and better and the weather goes on good.
    As usual your work is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you a quick recovery to be able to take advantage of your beautiful garden in summer. Beautiful garden !
    Take care...
    Teodora.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are back to your old self very quickly. I've had sickies all last week and fingers crossed I think I managed to miss it. Don't know how lol. Enjoy your beautiful garden and sit and rest peacefully with those gorgeous little houses to work on. Hang the housework I say lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Radka your garden always looks beautiful. Hope your feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Radko doufam ze uz je ti lip,u nas dnes poletoval snih a kdyz u tebe vidim rozkvetlou zahradu tak bych si tam hned sedla a uzivala sluniko.Domecky jsou hezky barevne a az budes hotova budes mit krasny quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahoj Radko,zahrada je nádherná,plná květů a sluníčka.Přeji Ti pevné zdravíčko na dokončení toho nádherného quiltu.
    Hezký srpen Libuše

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ein wunderschöner Garten.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are feeling better Radka. Beautiful, beautiful garden, I love your header photo. Excellent block, the wonky chimney is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry I've been slow reading blogs lately. I am also sorry to hear you have been unwell, and hope that by now you are up to par again. Your garden is magnificent as always Radka, such a delight to see. Your little house block looks lovely, and the wonky chimney gives some character to it I think. This is going to be a fun project for you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a beautiful garden...somehow think I have said that to you before.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww Radka I hope you're feeling better now.
    The weather was terrible the whole time I was in France, we only had 3 really hot days. But I heard it has been better and my girls have been in the pool!!
    I'm in love with that rose - do you know the name and is it a good picker?

    xox
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gardens an summer best part of the year -- Our Clematis are just starting to bud and I planted a Peony Rose shoot today , it will take about five years to flowere but I live in hope. Loved your houses wonkey chimney and all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit! Your comments are always welcome:))
I like to reply to all your comment, so please leave your e-mail address, if it is not already liked to your blog profile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017